Bulk .22 shortage seems to be easing up a little

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Bulk .22 shortage seems to be easing up a little

Post by WinM71 »

The shortage of bulk .22 ammunition seems to be easing up a bit lately. In one local WallyWorld a couple weeks back they had a large stock of Federal and Remington 550s at $15.47. I was in a different store today and they were loaded up with Winchester 333s at $9.97. Nice to see their price hasn't changed. Nice to see stock on the shelves.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Re: Bulk .22 shortage seems to be easing up a little

Post by mod71alaska »

The price of Federal bulk 22s at our local Wally shop is $16.47...up $2 from a month or so ago. I've never seen the ammo shelves there so bare as the last two times I stopped by this month. I mean bare...a few boxes each in maybe 6 calibers! They have a new policy, too, of no more than six boxes of ammo sold to a customer per day! Glad to hear the ammo shortage seems to be easing up in NH. Maybe then we'll see more ammo on the shelves to the east in Maine soon, too. Hope so!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I've had the same experience that Victor has - the local Wally World's shelves are still extremely bare. They haven't had bulk .22 LR's in for at least 3 months. When they did have them though they hadn't raised their prices. Same 6 box limit too. :(
ab4ka
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ab4ka »

it's been easing up around here. Over a couple of trips I've cleaned out my WM of .22LR. I was doing well there on .40SW until I traded my pistol, but I'm going to trade my stock of that for a bunch of .30-30 (there's nothing like plinking with a Winchester 94). I just wish they had some .38Spl. There's a gunshop that has it in stock all the time, but they are about a 20 min drive and they've got a 2 box max. If they were closer I'd be in there every day.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

I stopped in a gun shop in Troy, AL on Thursday to get some .22 ammo. I wanted some CB Caps or Aquila Colibris, but the store had not a round of .22 ammo of any short on hand.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Last Sunday I checked all 4 Wally's in my area. Not one round of .22 rimfire, only a few boxes of centerfire. :shock: I have not seen any rimfire at WallyWorld in over a year.

Local "mom & pop" have some, but they are scalping. Wont buy it from them if I have to quit shooting. :(
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Stopped by my local Wally World this evening with the family and sure enough, they had three of those 333 packs on hard, $9.97 each. I hope this is a trend that continues! :D