New,old Levergun by Mossberg

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Morgan
Levergunner

New,old Levergun by Mossberg

Post by Morgan »

Looking at the FEB/March issue of Petersen's Hunting. p35; NEW for 2008, Mossbergs model 464 .30-.30 leveraction, top-eject. Carbine (short rifle)length. It snuck up stealthily on me. Any other info.
.....Ken M
Honesty, courage and integrity are the foundation of Life-Do it, Risk it!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Morgan,

We're still waiting for someone to locate and post pictures of it. Other than that all we've been doing is speculating about it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
longhair1957
Levergunner 2.0

Post by longhair1957 »

Here is an old model 472!!!! :D

mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I have one of these with a straight stock & lever
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

longhair1957 wrote:Here is an old model 472!!!! :D

That's a 336 Marlin design....top eject means a new design or the Winnie 94...........I might have to get one if it's put together better than some of the later 94s that came (snuck?) through QC the last several years....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
longhair1957
Levergunner 2.0

Post by longhair1957 »

BlaineG wrote:
longhair1957 wrote:Here is an old model 472!!!! :D

That's a 336 Marlin design....top eject means a new design or the Winnie 94...........I might have to get one if it's put together better than some of the later 94s that came (snuck?) through QC the last several years....
Blaine,
Iknew that the new was supposed to be a top eject and not the same as the one pictured, that was the reason for the :lol:
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

And,the old one only looks like a Marlin design, but it's not.

The trigger travels with the lever, in the old Mossberg, among other things/differnces.
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

Mossberg has sent three emails to me, promising they will send me photos and info ," as soon as we know something."

Must be good, if they are being this tight lipped?

I told them I would send a cash deposit, if only they told what it would look like, didnt work!
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

I hope to see some pics pretty soon!! It might make me interested enough to purchase one!!!!!!!! Are you listening Mossberg???? Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
user45
Levergunner

Post by user45 »

No picture yet, but the catalog number is: 41010

Description: 30-30 LEVER RFL 6+1 20 BLU
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I still can't understand top eject. :?
Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jayhawker »

Maybe they bought the old Winchester plant machinery and are resurrecting the Win 94 and 92? Just speculating, I'm sort of confused why they would come out with top ejection as well. The cowboy market seems to be well covered, so unless they got a great deal on parts/tooling, it would seem to be folly.
Well done is better than well said.
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

With the increasing popularity of 'scout scopes', and the collectors market for top ejection M94's, I think it's a good move. 'Specially if they provide a scope mount.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

homefront wrote:I still can't understand top eject. :?
After firing and when operating the under lever, the shell is extracted and ejected straight out the top of the action. Shells are generally ejected a short distance from the action, and depending on the exact attitude of the action (level, perpindular, etc.) they will fall to the right of the shooter, slightly to the rear. With no need for optic sights, there are no incumberances to impede the empty shell's trajectory from action to the ground. Top eject allows both sides of the receiver to have the same profile, maintaining a strength and stability not available in either side ejection or angled ejection type actions.

I couldn't resist! Image
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Another thing that sets the Mossy 472 apart from the Marlin 336 is that it uses a through bolt to attach the buttstock.. Some folks pay extra to have their Marlins modified to employ that innovative feature...