Breaking News: Winchester 94 To Return

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

In 2009, as quoted on pp88 of the latest issue of Predator Xtreme Magazine. :shock:
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

I hope this is true!!!, but I am still not going to get my hopes up. :roll:
Break on through to the other side!!!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Anybody got a link to that??
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

If this is true, I hope they offer a variety of chamberings, such as 32-20, 44-40, .44 Rem Mag, .357 Mag, .35 MArlin, etc!!!I wonder what the price range will be???? Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Oh, it will be back.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

It will have a safety and the calibers at first will be the standards. I am guessing the 30-30.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[Anybody got a link to that??]

Nope - I couldn't find it on the rag's website. I heard it from someone who read the issue, and then only in passing.

http://www.predatorxtreme.com/
L.F.Combs
Levergunner 1.0

Post by L.F.Combs »

I have been hearing rumors for a few months now, but that has been going on since they took it off the market. I know it is coming back. The last I heard they are going to sneak peek it at the gun show in few.
PERRY COUNTY OUTDOORS MAGAZINE @
dgr416
Levergunner 2.0

94 return

Post by dgr416 »

They have been maki ng parts for the model 94 in South Carolinia.A friend in a gun store knows a woman who works in the plant there.They have been making model 94 partys for some time.I hope they make somne new good afordable 25-35s.I hope there is intrest in other calibers besides 30-30.I would love to see the 375 Winchester return in a scopeable model 94.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

Thank You God! Our Prayers have been answered!
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I have honestly thought all along that Winchester would eventually come back into the scheme of things. I think they made a big mistake coming out with the WSM calibers and basically tried to reinvent the wheel with the new calibers which command a high price for ammo that is not available everywhere. Needless to say, sales are probably down and there strategy didnt work. Surely someone has recognized they need to drop all the BS product lines and put quality back into firearms. By enlarge, gun owners are traditionalist and they should use that as a sales motivator. If I were the CEO of Winchester I would definately have a 94 model, the 86 model and a 73 model, all of which without safetys and NO PLASTIC. I am sure I am leaving a few favorites out that will offend some. With todays market of replica firearms it goes to show that these items are still marketable and highly sought after. Although they may need to relocate there factories out of Mass. WHO WOULD PAY $1000 for a Ubertti if Winchester produced the same firearm and made it a stock model at a comparable price. These days it seems most of the companies want to call it a commemorative and JACK the price up to where they loose the interest of the average buyer! I just hope someone at Winchester is listening and doing market research via gun forums.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

It would be nice to see some calibers besides 30-30.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

COOL! :D

bogie
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

horsesoldier03 wrote:By enlarge, gun owners are traditionalist and they should use that as a sales motivator. If I were the CEO of Winchester I would definately have a 94 model, the 86 model and a 73 model, all of which without safetys and NO PLASTIC. I am sure I am leaving a few favorites out that will offend some. With todays market of replica firearms it goes to show that these items are still marketable and highly sought after. Although they may need to relocate there factories out of Mass. WHO WOULD PAY $1000 for a Ubertti if Winchester produced the same firearm and made it a stock model at a comparable price. These days it seems most of the companies want to call it a commemorative and JACK the price up to where they loose the interest of the average buyer! I just hope someone at Winchester is listening and doing market research via gun forums.
Actually, $1000 is a bit on the low side of retail for a new Uberti 73 now. :( Man, I wish things worked like you dream, but the chances of Winchester making an 1873, or any of the other great old levers, in this country that is priced competitively with the Uberti are right up there with me vacationing on the moon next month! :P
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

If the die-hard Ithaca 37 pump keeps being resurrected every four or five years after a reorganization/sale, then the Win 94 will SURELY make a comeback.

Noah
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Well if it does make a reapearence, I hope it brings the used 94 market more into reality.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Mike-in-WV
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mike-in-WV »

A few months back Winchester published an article on there site that said the 94 could come back but it would not be made by them and they suggested that a foreigner company may do it in the future. As for the parts being made in South Carolina that's good news! Maybe they will also build them here in the states . I just hope they have not gone back to stamped parts and ill fitted pieces. Mike
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Mike-in-WV wrote:A few months back Winchester published an article on there site that said the 94 could come back but it would not be made by them and they suggested that a foreigner company may do it in the future. As for the parts being made in South Carolina that's good news!
Could be. The Winchester (and Browning and Miroku) brand name is owned by Herstal Group, which also owns FNH whcih has a plant in SC.

Noah
OD*
Member Emeritus

Post by OD* »

Noah Zark wrote:
Mike-in-WV wrote:A few months back Winchester published an article on there site that said the 94 could come back but it would not be made by them and they suggested that a foreigner company may do it in the future. As for the parts being made in South Carolina that's good news!
Could be. The Winchester (and Browning and Miroku) brand name is owned by Herstal Group, which also owns FNH whcih has a plant in SC.

Noah
Yep, that's where they had made the Model 70 barrels for years and where the "new" Model 70s are built.
Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
End the cycle of hatred, don't give them a tomorrow.
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ndcowboy »

Why, in all places, would Winchester make an announcement of a return of the Model 94 in Predator Xtreme Magazine?
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

I just wonder if we're going to see "Pre-FN" labels and corresponding prices like we do with the "Pre-64's". I'd like to see the price of the used winnies come back down.

Wishful thinking I'm sure.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

The way I see it, Whoever Repeating Arms Co. should pick up from where they left off - at the least. They teased us with the take downs and some older calibers. They actually got me interested in buying a new one, and you guys know that takes some doing.

So that's where they should start.

In my opinion.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

new winchesters

Post by brucew44guns »

My dad bought a model 71 deluxe for about 100 dollars brand new as I recall him saying, been awhile back. But wouldn't it be nice to go into a gun store and see 3 or 4 model 94's in different calibers, 2 or 3 1886's in various calibers, and some real nicely fitted model 92's? at prices that proved they want our business?
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Winchester

Post by Hillbilly »

Even a brain-dead marketing manager would see that a GOOD '92, with some options availible would be a good seller.

I'd buy a NEW Model 12 ...

I'd build a "price leader" 12 (ala 870 express) for Walmart and sell optioned models throught dealers
~Jeff
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

A come back would be great and if they did come back with some of the old Win cals like 375 and 356 oh and 307 with the mandertory 30/30 smack bang in the middle of all the new crop of cartridges I,m sure they would steal the fire. Gunwriters ruined lever cals because they fell for "more is better" but in reallity "more" didn't make stuff any deader than dead! I allways remember Ross Siegfried going on and on about whoping big cases of powder etc (a good read all the same) but now I believe he enjoys muzzle loaders (just like me) so I guess he learnt too :wink:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

The article said they have been making parts for awhile, but it would be 2009 before the 94s hit the stores.
"That'll Be The Day"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

If they've been making parts for a while, it makes it very possible that they will or could flood the market when they reintroduce them. Now that would be a mess.

I wonder if they'll continue on from the last New Haven serial number or start new?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
win92
Levergunner 2.0

Win 94's

Post by win92 »

The 94 is the most popular sporting arm ever bar none I think it would make sense to bring them back. Special touches would drive sales . Lawyer triggers and safetys will push the original guns without them towards the traditionalists, all the other stuff will start to look normal after 20 yrs

Randy
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

I couldn't see them bringing out the 73 or the 92 because they would have to compete with uberti and rossi for market share.
The 94 in its original 3 chamberings of 25-35, 30-30, and 38-55 would be a niche that they would profit from and I'm sure they would then have our undivided attention.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
winter1857
Levergunner

Post by winter1857 »

But realistically, isn't it just a trademarked logo and name? Anyone can make a 94 as long as they don't put "Winchester" on it, right?

I'm as big a sentimental sucker as anyone but the only thing that changes hands is the right to use the trademark. Real Winchesters went away a long time ago when they started monkeying with John Browning's original designs.

I would love to see a new 1894 but in reality, if it's got the cross bolt safety I'm really not interested. There are too many old ones out there that need a little love to bring back.
Like bees, we must put our lives into the sting we give.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I have the article. It is in Vol 9 Issue 1 on page 88 .. article titled "RETURN OF THE LEGENDS" .. the article talks about the Model 70 returning and at the end is a short blip that the 94 will return, built under the "Winchester Repeating Arms" brand.

The word is "Official" ... and yes, it says we probably won't see them until 2009.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

In the mean time, there's plenty of old 94's, especially those made for JC Penny, Sears, and such, to be found at very reasonable prices. I'm not going ga-ga over the re-release of the 94 when I could drive down the street and find a good one for under $300. Cheap enough for me to cut down, re-bore, refinish, add sights, leather, engraving, and have the action worked on, for the price that these new ones will probably go for.
Then again I'd take a Chevelle or Mustang over a Porsche too.
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Winchester Model 94

Post by HEAD0001 »

Where did they go. I did not know they were gone. I see more for sale now than I ever did see, only at a higher price. It is funny how a higher price will increase the supply?? Tom.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Tom is right, Used to have to hunt for them, Win. shut down and they are all over the place. :shock:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

ndcowboy wrote:Why, in all places, would Winchester make an announcement of a return of the Model 94 in Predator Xtreme Magazine?
Maybe it's not the Model 94 we're familiar with? Since Winchester's not making firearms...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
BruceB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BruceB »

If they just put what they had in their last catalog into production, that would be great. Ideally, they'd resurrect the old custom shop where you could order what ever your little heart desires. :D
But, realistcally, they'll probably re-introduce the 94 carbine and the trapper in .30-30. Maybe the pistol calibers too. I wouldn't expect them to get much more "daring" than that at first. Still, it would be nice to get a new .25-35 short rifle with an octagon barrel. :)
GOD SAVE THE UNITED STATES!

Original member of Leverguns.com forum

NRA Life Member

Boy, what a mess them .45's make.

When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away.
FALPhil
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Winchester

Post by FALPhil »

Hillbilly wrote:Even a brain-dead marketing manager would see that a GOOD '92, with some options availible would be a good seller.
Oh, man, I would love to have a new '92 saddle ring carbine with a big loop in 45LC!!!