Raffles - what cool stuff have you all gotten...?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Raffles - what cool stuff have you all gotten...?

Post by AJMD429 »

Pete44ru's post on his 'shotgun win' made me think of another 'fun' (hopefully) topic...

What is the best gun-related 'raffle' you've won...?

For me, it was a Springfield Scout Squad Rifle that I purchased five $20 tickets on - quite a gun for $100...!

I've also done 'well' at NRA 4-H banquets, as long as I buy enough tickets...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Chris83716
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Raffles - what cool stuff have you all gotten...?

Post by Chris83716 »

I'm not very lucky when it comes to raffles. I've only won a lodge dutch oven (worth around $40)that cost me about $20 worth of tickets.

I guess its better than nothing. :)

Chris
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

My best score was one of the NWTF "Guns of the Year" at the annual Wild Turkey Banquet maybe 8 to 10 years ago. I forget the price but for X dollars you got 1 wooden shotshell (nicely turned on a lathe). Bought enough to put on all the zippers (as handy zipper pulls) of my turkey hunting pack. Think it was a highly blued Browning BPS with gold turkeys and the NWTF logo in gold on the receiver sides -- almost too pretty to take out into the woods. So I didn't... Traded it to a collector and used the $$ to buy a really nice scope for my Triple Deuce fox/coyote hunting rifle.

This was not a gun, but related, there was the time when I was 10 years old and won a HUGE (back then *) Bowie Knife with stag handles and a nice leather sheath. They wouldn't let me take it, so my Mom walked around with that in her hands all day (at a Sportsman's Show). Funny, nobody gave her any grief that day! (Not even us kids...) :lol:

* actually, it's still pretty big these days too! (Size matters!) :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I won an NRA belt buckle, a Kimber .308 and a King Cobra driver. :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I don't recall ever winning any kind of raffle that I bought tickets for. I buy tickets for any firearm related raffle I come across, just haven't won one yet. A gent I work with won a Mossberg O/U 12-20 ga. set last week at a local DU event.

I did win an NRA Sweepstakes once though. Thats where I got the Krieghoff 470 double rifle. It ended up being quite the pain in the rear end for a while though, with the tax to pay and my wife wanting me to sell it.
NRA Life Member
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Never won anything in a raffle, did get a Hornady 50 bmg locnload press in a door prize drawing tho. :shock: Guess it'll come in handy someday if I can build a toughenough bench , maybe swage some bullets?

Have 1 ticket left for the Wyoming Natural Resource Foundation 4 wheeler drawing. Only 500 tickets out for a polaris 500 4x4. The way people been buggin about getting my left over tickets it must be about the last one in the state. 8)
BobM
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BobM »

A couple of years ago I won a 10/22 from a NWTF. A month or two ago I won a nice Sure-fire light in a drawing.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Gibson SG Guitar, Ruger#1 7mm mag
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

nothin' but a dead mule...
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

I have never won anything but the topic brought back memories. One year long ago my Dad and my uncle were at the local spring fair and the local legion had a raffle for a new car. A fellow that new my dad asked him to buy the last 2 tickets, my uncle said he hadn't bought any yet, so Dad bought one and my uncle the other. My uncle won. Dad alway said he was too generous. :lol: :lol:
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Never won a gun related raffle but once won an air rifle at a hunting show by guessing how many 22LR rounds there were in a large jar :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
sureshot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by sureshot »

I won a Mossberg pump at a DU Banquet a number of years ago when the duck crapped on my lucky square. :o

Oh, and two years ago I won a Shiloh Sharps at the Montana Regionals in Missoula. :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

Steve
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Once in a local NRA raffle I got a new model Ruger 77 stainless/synthetic in 7mmRemMag. I already have an old model 77 in the same caliber that I prefer, so I gave the rifle I won to an old guy who had his bolt gun stolen recently (at the time).
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The only thing I have EVER gotten from a raffle was the good feeling that comes from knowing my money went to a good cause... IOW, I NEVER WIN! :lol:

PS - I just remembered, that isn't true. I once bought, unbeknownst to me, 2/3 of the tickets offered by our organization in a raffle of a bicycle another board member got for the raffle. Unfortunately I did "win" that bike, but because the other board member wasn't a bike rider, it was a bike the bike shop couldn't sell because the frame was so large. I can't ride it! It has finally gone for auction with Mom's things... :roll:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Nada. I have zippo luck with raffles of any kind! :lol:
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

A "COLT 45" neon beer sign .That's all I've ever won on a raffle. As far as gun raffles I just look at it as a donation.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Well, Chris83716, don't feel bad, I just wanna say thanks... I've apparently gotten yer share of good luck when it comes to raffles.

1st was a Remington 870 in 16 guage on board ship just before we left for VN in 1972. I swapped it out for a 12 guage and it still resides in my safe.

A few months later after a visit to Hong Kong and in preparation for another ship's party in Subic Bay, we raffled off a Winchester Mdl 64A. Bought my ticket early. And since it was the only one pulled for that prize, I got to keep it. Unfortunately in early 1974 thieves broke into my apartment and stole it.

Then in 1987 during my 2nd End of Trail they held a raffle in support of Children's Hospital of Orange County. They raffled off two SAA that were silver and gold plated. Yep, my single $5 ticket did the trick! These were sold in 1990 to buy my son's cowboy action guns.

Mind ya, I've purchased far more than that miserly few tickets... but, no matter how you slice it, I've been lucky.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Can't remember anything I have won at a raffle. :shock: :?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Neil Casper
Levergunner

Post by Neil Casper »

I have bought a lot of tickets in my time but there have been a few succesful drawings. Here are the ones that come to mind.

Browning BPS 12 gauge
Taurus 2 1/2" 'Judge'
Ruger 96-22 (My wife's ticket.)
A few beautiful paintings (NRA banquet.)
neil
If it doesn't fit in my sea bag, I'm not going!
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

A few years ago at work I won a new Chevy Colorado!!! 2wd, no A/C, no CD, 4cyl, 5 speed. Which was promptly sold for $10k.

That's the only thing I have ever won in my life!!!
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
HATCHETTJACK
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HATCHETTJACK »

never win anything :(
WATCH YOUR TOP KNOT