POLITICS - Which Candidate Can You Trust with Your Guns?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I forgot the eye-roll smiley... :wink:

Fixed.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

DDude wrote:I think he was connecting your "medical discharge" with some of your beliefs you've mentioned on this forum... ie, that you're not quite right in the head.
Exactly! :?
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
DDude
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DDude »

Swampman wrote:
DDude wrote:I think he was connecting your "medical discharge" with some of your beliefs you've mentioned on this forum... ie, that you're not quite right in the head.
OI seems as sane as any other gun nut on this forum.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

I don't see anyone else with a 6 pointed star as their avatar.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
DDude
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DDude »

Swampman wrote:I don't see anyone else with a 6 pointed star as their avatar.
That doesn't make him nuts. The avatar is just his way of making a point about something he feels passionate about. I'd say it's better than looking at some of the ugly mugshots that others post of themselves. :lol:
BruceB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BruceB »

Swampman wrote:
Explains the ranting on HR2460. :wink:
GOD SAVE THE UNITED STATES!

Original member of Leverguns.com forum

NRA Life Member

Boy, what a mess them .45's make.

When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Evidently not the LAST Republican we elected as the 'lesser of two evils' - sure, he didn't enact the worst bill possible, but like usual, a 'moderate' Republican allows the camel's nose under the tent. It's not always the 'intent' or the way a law will be enforced by honest government, that you should look at - future unintended consequences are the real issue, and there are lots of bad politicians out there who intend to see to it that the unintended consequences follow!
WASHINGTON - President George W. Bush signed the nation's first new gun-control legislation in 14 years Tuesday to help keep guns out of the hands of the dangerously mentally ill, and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy immediately announced she would take her crusade to the next step.This time, she and others want to close the so-called "gun show loophole" that allows some dealers to sell firearms without background checks.

Schumer agreed that the next item on the gun-control agenda would be to require background checks in every gun sale, but predicted that would be harder to get passed because of opposition by the National Rifle Association. The law signed Tuesday, in contrast, had NRA support.
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld ... _headlines
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

Would this be an example of sucessful medical treatment for mental illness?

http://www.embarqmail.com/news/news_rea ... &feedid=13

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I read this letter in the editorials for Jan 15, 2008 over at WND.com:
The fascist neocon agenda

Folks, get it in your heads that it IS the government that is threatened by private firearms ownership, not the public. As the government pushes for more and more of its fascist neocon agenda down your throats into complete servitude, they know that they cannot compete with 80 million-plus gun owners.

Citizens, just think Patriot Act, Military Commisions Act, John Warner Defense Authorization Act, NORTHCOM, the suspension of Posse Comitatus and Habeas Corpus. Think FEMA, Department of Homeland Security and Blackwater USA. Think North American Union and the amero. Think United Nations Agenda 21. Think Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans.

If that is not enough to make you wrap your warm living hands around your guns, then you are not an American; you are a fool and a servant and not worthy to be free.

Oh, and one more thing. How does the government expect you to defend yourselves from the hordes of Islamo-fascists who want to kill you if the government disarms you?

I know, I know, they are fighting for your freedoms over there, so you don't have to fight for your freedoms over here.

Right? RIGHT?

Curtis Cope
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/letters.asp

I do not consider the ideas to be extremist, and the writer concisely puts 2+2 together to get 4, and I believe that he expresses my mutual thoughts on the issue.

This is what the George W. Bush Republicans have done for America.

Do you want more of this?

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.