OT- Tanks are full and Bear Creek is flowing!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Tanks are full and Bear Creek is flowing!

Post by rangerider7 »

I just got back from the ranch and all the tanks are full and Bear Creek is flowing again. It has been two years of drought here in central Texas and I'm glad to see the water.
"That'll Be The Day"
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Tanks are full and Bear Creek is flowing!

Post by 20cows »

Grand!!!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That should make a big difference to the wildlife, happy hunting. :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

As I drive around the country I've observed it has been a cooler, wetter year than most. My home state of Oklahoma is abundantly green with full stock ponds.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

If that hurricane keeps coming up the way they're predicting, you might have more water than you want come the end of this week.... :?
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

We have had serious overflow before but if it handled the flood we had before it should handle anything. All the overflow eventually goes into lake Whitney. We have had it up to my back steps at home, that are on corp land before, and that is a 27 foot rise in the lake level. The ranch is on some of the highest land in the county. If you don't have an off road pick-up you might as well stay home. :D
"That'll Be The Day"
allhands
Levergunner 2.0

Post by allhands »

Too bad we can't build a pipeline from the Northeast down to you fellas....We had way too much rain in the late spring and early summer, but glad to hear your water problems are ending!!!!!!
Bill Nowicki
Headed "upta camp"
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

this is the first sunny weekend we have seen in Central OK for a while. Seems we had 3 days of rain per week since August.

the counties cleaned up some creek bottoms after the floods a couple of years ago.

Glad you guys broke the dry spell in Texas... everyone was dumping beef and prices were way down. Our hay came in real nice with the extra wet ground this year.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
76/444

Post by 76/444 »

Nothing makes a nice ride nicer than coming on a full tank that the dogs can swim in and the horses get a drink without sloshing through muck! :D Glad you got some rain.
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

deerwhacker444 wrote:If that hurricane keeps coming up the way they're predicting, you might have more water than you want come the end of this week.... :?
Man, don't scare me like that! Sitting here on the Gulf Coast I try to keep track of storms and have not heard any news of one.

I checked the weather web sites and found Hurricane Rick in the Pacific off the coast of Mexico. Winds have dropped to 160 mph! Gusts to 195! Most of those storms track out into the Pacific, but this one looks to be headed to the NE through Baja and Mexico, then Texas.

You boys in Texas keep yer powder dry.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Is your Bear Creek the same one up where H 16 crosses Interstate 20?
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

It might be but I'm not sure. Sorry.
"That'll Be The Day"
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

Central Illinois has been wet since spring. A late planting season and very little harvest completed so far. Next year we'll probably be in a drought.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

RR7,

Last Wednesday, I pulled into the truck stop in town, called the wife, and asked her to come get me, or let me know if I can drive the truck down our road...

Her words... "it's been raining since February, it's 9:30 at nite, I'm asleep and you want me to what?"

After 38 years, I've learned a thing or two... so, I stayed in the truck and left for El Paso the next morning. Wet all the way till I got the west side of Abilene, and just drying out all the way to Pecos! Glad to see ya'll got some water... we need the relief!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

76/444 wrote:Nothing makes a nice ride nicer than coming on a full tank that the dogs can swim in and the horses get a drink without sloshing through muck! :D Glad you got some rain.
I'm a little confused. I thought rangerider7 was talking about this sort of tank.

I guess it's the runoff catching, hole in the ground variety - known as a dam around here. Either way, its always good to have 'em full.
76/444

Post by 76/444 »

Bruce Scott wrote:
76/444 wrote:Nothing makes a nice ride nicer than coming on a full tank that the dogs can swim in and the horses get a drink without sloshing through muck! :D Glad you got some rain.
I'm a little confused. I thought rangerider7 was talking about this sort of tank.

I guess it's the runoff catching, hole in the ground variety - known as a dam around here. Either way, its always good to have 'em full.

Sorry,... but here in Arizona cattle country, "TANKS" are earthen catch basins for mostly monsoon run off. Usually about an acre plus or so in size. Some have windmills, some have pipe from wells for dry season,... but, when a "Tank" is mentioned in conversation, it is at least an acre bulldozed pond,... where the antelope play and the skies are not cloudy all day!! :lol: