Old/New Holster Rig from W.B. Brown, Tombstone Arizona.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Old/New Holster Rig from W.B. Brown, Tombstone Arizona.

Post by rangerider7 »

I thought y'all might want to see this rig I just got completed. I got the "aged" holster from Jon Butcher, then ordered the "Aged Cartridge Money Belt" they had pictured with the holster on their website. They did a great job of matching the color and aged look. The leather is nice and soft and fits perfectly.

JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

That is a nice looking rig. I like the tan color. I just got in a rig that I ordered from Cabelas for my grandson to use for CAS, it is made by Hunter. I sure do like your rig though.

Jerry
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Maddog521
Levergunner

!!!!!!!

Post by Maddog521 »

How do you get the color to get darker? I found a new holster and later I found a new Triple K belt. The belt is darker than the holster. I would like to get them the same color. Thanks
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Hey rangerider7 looks great.

Just got my double loop rig in today. Very much similar to this one.
Fits great, nice and dark the way I wanted it.
But this thing is stiff as a board.
What do you SASS guys use on your rigs to soften them up.
Not to worried about the belt being overly soft.
But, I sure would like to soften up that holster a bit before sliding
that new Colt in and out of it. :)
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

I have always used saddle soap without very much water. I just dampen an old white sock then rub it in the saddle soap and apply it over the leather. Let it dry a few minutes then buff. This usually softens the leather quite a bit. The different leather conditioners sometimes stain the leather so I don't use them. As far as making it darker I just keep applying shoe polish until it is the shade I want. Make sure you pick the right shade of shoe polish to start with. I know Leverdude and others know more about treating leather than I do, so I hope they chime in.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Thanks,
didn't mean to highjack your thread. :D