couple of ?'s

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
model55
Levergunner 3.0

couple of ?'s

Post by model55 »

does any one know if any of the rimfire 17 caliber bullets are all copper ?
was thinking that they were and it would be an excuse to get one of the henry rifles-unforunately my Govenor is an idiot and I live next to the Los Padres Forest/Condor Area in Kaliforkneeya.My next Question is a matter of opinon I guess but what would be the best barrel lenght for a .45 colt rifle.I have a 24 inch barrel on the current one but have a want for another.20 or 16?
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

If they aren't already available, the Governater just created a market for them! :shock:

I, myself, like the 16-inch barrel. Especially if you already have a longer-barreled version covered. I had Steve young (a.k.a. "Nate Kiowa Jones" here) take this:

and turn it into this:

and I couldn't be happier!!! :D
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Kid you're gonna get yelld at for standing on the table. :D

Nice slippers too!

I have a .44 just like that. It's a blast! I like the shorter barrels. Can't explain why.

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
model55
Levergunner 3.0

?'s

Post by model55 »

Nice! I looked at something simular but in 44 mag just can not talk myself into another caliber to reload for. But that is just about what I was thinking-just looks like fun!Looks like you got rid of the bolt safety too.Thanks for sharing Ysabel guess I need to figure out an in the door strategy :wink:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

2ndovc wrote:Kid you're gonna get yelld at for standing on the table. :D

Nice slippers too!

I have a .44 just like that. It's a blast! I like the shorter barrels. Can't explain why.

8)
Just too lazy to get out the ladder, so I jumped up on the island in the kitchen! :wink:

I wear slippers around the house all the time. Reminds me of a funny story I'll have to write up some time! :D
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

I know for a fact that the .17's with the red plastic tip have NO lead in them.

As for the 20 grain solids and hollow points I think they don't but don't quote me.

www.rimfirecentral.com

These gents can help ya with any questions you have.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
model55
Levergunner 3.0

?'s

Post by model55 »

Wasn't going to comment on the slippers but after wearing work boots every day for the last twenty + years, you had thinking about that too!Usually see toes or socks in those shots.I think the rifle I looked at was the new Puma,the loop on the lever was smaller but big enough to get me going on John Wayne flash backs! The loop did look like it would work well with gloves though. I thought that maybe the 17 caliber hollowpoints were copper not sure of the others. hadn't even thought about .17 caliber intill this latest fiasco ( Arnold trying to save the dodo bird ). thank you jeeps.
JoeArizona
Levergunner 1.0

Post by JoeArizona »

I was going to say that I wish I had some slippers like those. I just haven't gotten around to getting a pair. :mrgreen:

However, I would like to pull together what scraps of manhood I have left after that comment by saying...ahem...I like the levergun that's in the picture more. :shock:
Joe

---

Peter's Laws - Rule #7, "If you can't beat them, join them, then beat them."
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JoeArizona wrote:I was going to say that I wish I had some slippers like those. I just haven't gotten around to getting a pair. :mrgreen:

However, I would like to pull together what scraps of manhood I have left after that comment by saying...ahem...I like the levergun that's in the picture more. :shock:
Joe - I like the gun better too! Nothing unmanly though about wearing a comfortable pair of slippers. We don't wear shoes in the house. My feet get cold - even down here in SC - and slippers keep them warm and keep me from wearing out socks so fast. The moccasins - my favorite type - actually have a rubber sole, so it gives me a little arch support and holds up when I run outside to grab the mail!

Okay, I have really hijacked this thread. Sorry!!!Image