Levergunning for all 29 NA big game species

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Levergunning for all 29 NA big game species

Post by foxtrapper »

The Outdoor channel has a new show that has the host using a iron sighted Winchester Lever in 30-30 for all North American Big Game. He's a big boy from Georgia The first episode was black bear hunting in B.C.. The first shot at 90 yrds rolled the bear and a finisher was needed. Now the problem I can not remember the name of the show :o
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Levergunning for all 29 NA big game species

Post by foxtrapper »

Googled it :D The name of the show is Trophy Quest
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Well that just stinks. A program I'd love to watch and I don't have cable TV. Phooey.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Wow? Now that might be a hunting show worth watching. I hope the saves the big bears for last, in case he gets killed, so at least the show won't end eairly. :) Just kidding, I recond the guide will be there to back him up, anyway. The eskimos have been killing them with smaller guns, anyway.

I hope I get the outdoor channel that this is showing on. Anyone know the scheduel or acutal channel number?
NRA Life Member, Patron
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Sounds like a good show. I liked the first hunting shows, before the thousands of dollars of accessories became requisite for the simplest of outdoor adventures.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I saw an advertisement the other day about that and then just last night watching the outdoor channel I saw it again with a hair bit more information. Can't wait to see it.
Old Law Dawg
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I'd like to see that.

Travis is right, many shows are more about marketing products than about hunting.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

:o You mean that channel isn't just round the clock infomercials? :o

Boy sure hope somebody gets ahold of that guy and straightens him out pretty quick, why we all know from being told right here , that the 30-30 is anemic, underpowered, and not very accurate. :mrgreen: :lol:
tomtex
Levergunner 2.0

Post by tomtex »

Well ,what single cal would you choose, if any ?
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Slow to run :) Please to take note of the smileys I used, and to assume the comments about the 30-30 were made tongue in cheek :roll: :wink:

But beings that you asked it coud be one of several that are near and dear to me, and have used on the 3 species of biggame here in Wy. 30-30 and the ai version,243,308,3006,45-70 and 405 winchester. Any or all of them will do anything I'll ever need done no matter where I might travel.