Marlin or Winchester

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Re: Marlin or Winchester

Post by hondo1892 »

86er is right. I bought my daughter a Kimber 84 in 7mm-08 and put a leupold scope on it and she didn't like it and would hardly use it. I had to get her an old Winchester 64 with open sights. She likes older guns, her favorite is a flintlock. She loves to shoot the guns she picked but not the one Dad picked. I like older guns too. :lol:
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

If you are looking at new levers I would look at the Marlin and Mossberg 464 and get them all consecutive numbered. If you are just looking at levers then you have Marlin, Mossberg, winchester all in sort of the same style.
I traded the 22 my dad got me and have regretted ever since and they are no longer made and I haven't seen one for sale in decades. Now with my dad being gone it would mean a lot more to me as it was what he thought I would like.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

ALSO - remember that just recently Marlin did their 'survey' on which cartridged we'd like a 'new design Marlin' in - and listed everything from .454 Casull, to .375 H&H, and .30-06, etc.

It might be interesting to see what they're up to...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
BlueStateSaint
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BlueStateSaint »

Denis, when you find out more about this, let us know if you would, sir.