Anybody ever order custum stuff from Lee

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Anybody ever order custum stuff from Lee

Post by fordwannabe »

I want a FCD and a zip trimmer for my 33wcf lee makes the dies(I own a set) but they don't list either FCD or trimmer. I see they offer to make this stuff custom but I don't know about turn around and stuff like that. Any info or personal experiences? Thanks Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Anybody ever order custum stuff from Lee

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

They turned around my 450 Alaskan FCD in about 5 weeks for a total of $26 shipped. You send them a case and a bullet and they send you back an FCD and your case with the bullet crimped in place. A really good deal in my opinion.

I think they are behind the 8-ball on bullet molds, but they do seems to be able to get the FCDs out.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

I haved ordered a couple of hundred custom bullet molds from Lee broken down into three orders. I have had no problems with Lees service and but their molds couldn't seem to be made to close tolerances. Over the years, the Cast Boolit boys have ordered thousands of custom molds from Lee, and they have never been really happy with the products.

We also got some funky custom molds from NEI as well. They have gone to a new maker called Night Owl Enterprises and thus far are happy with the products.

Looking up I see 12 different custom Lee molds on my shelf, three of which I designed. I am not as down on Lee as are most of the rest, but there you have the story.

I have never head of any other problems regarding other Lee custom stuff.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I ordered a custom Lee bullet sizer in March and they told me they were back logged and it could take 6 months. I got it in June. Works fine.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

The .33 FCD will be easy. I have ordered many custom FCD. Never an issue. Follow their directions on their web page. I can not comment on the other item. Regards, 1886.
Larry O
Levergunner

Post by Larry O »

I have an FCD in .33 and one in .40-82 and they both work fine. The Lee folks were very good to work with on my orders.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Never had an issue, get custom sizer's from them all the time. 1/10 the cost of the other guys and works just as well.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Ralph Huffaker had Lee Precision make bullet molds to the specs of the original .476 Ely as used in the Colt SAA. The molds turned out very well and throw a perfect replica of the old bullet. I use them in the 480 Achilles.

http://www.leverguns.com/480/huffaker.htm
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I've got a custom boolit sizer kit on order myself. I think their sizer die kits are the best - bottom drive sizing is the way to go IMHO.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!