appropriate recoil pad for Browning B92 butt

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cvarcher
Levergunner 2.0

appropriate recoil pad for Browning B92 butt

Post by cvarcher »

The steel cap and crescent shape really wallops my shoulder. What brand of recoil pad will fit these shaped butts and still look ok? I was thinking of some type of leather laceup style with a little cushioning.
marlin shooter
Levergunner 2.0

Re: appropriate recoil pad for Browning B92 butt

Post by marlin shooter »

I have a Win 92 in .44 mag with a rifle butt that gives a pretty good bite if not held correctly. My solution was the same as yours,I had levergun (from Idaho) make me a leather butt cuff.It laces on and helped quite a bit.
Karl
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

If you really want to got the route of getting a butt pad, I'd suggest a Pachmeyer Decelerator, it's what I'm putting on my Win 94. HTH
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

YOu might get lucky and something like this would fit without cutting the stock, it would be a shame to cut that beautiful stock.

http://www.johnmasen.com/Merchant2/merc ... y_Code=RMA
Arminius
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Arminius »

Uggg - thats fugly!

The lace on ( suede leather ) sling "boot" looks "authentic", but it will rust your Steel butt plate and your barrels and Mag tube.

I bought one from Uncle Mike´s or ... ( Tompson Center, Cabela´s,Dixie Gun works, Brownell´s, ... ) don´t know now, for the same reasons you said!

Hardly ever toted it in the woods, but then this is the middle of Europe and I was just afraid of public opinion on me ...

;-)

Hermann

P.S.: I want a sling on my hunting guns, but that "sling boot" or "stock boot" threw the whole thing off balance!