New Cimarron gun .

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

New Cimarron gun .

Post by TX Gun Runner »

I got this gun 2 days ago and shot this target when I got it home . I shot the 1st 12 rds and the last 12rds on paper and the rest of the 500 rds on my steel targets in a little over 2 hrs to test to see if the gun would lead up . After shooting it I clean it and not a speck of lead in the gun . I had a Baby Vaquero and couldn't shoot 200 rds threw it without leading the gun up solid and it wouldn't hit the side of a barn and almost impossible to get the lead out . This gun the fit and finish is perfect and the trigger was 3 lbs out of the box . I have 6 Vaquero and 2 blackhawks and not one come up to the lever of this Cimarron . I got this gun to practice for my SASS/CAS shooting before I go to a match . IT"S A KEEPER

Image..Image
Image......Image
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New Cimarron gun .

Post by mescalero1 »

Cool
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

tn gun runner,

Is this a current model?
I noticed the front sight seems to have been filed on for elevation, am I seeing right or is this an optional delusion?

I've got a Ruger Super Single-Six I've never been impressed with. No leading like you had, just pathetic accuracy.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

"Is this a current model?"
yes is still made

"I noticed the front sight seems to have been filed on for elevation, am I seeing right or is this an optional delusion?"
I have a belt sander and 5 second on that will get you on target

"I've got a Ruger Super Single-Six I've never been impressed with. No leading like you had, just pathetic accuracy."
Ruger 22 rev cylinders are drilled straight threw not chambered allowing flame and gases around bullet before it gets to the forcing cone . The Cimarron is chambered and use a .222 barrel which means NO LEADING and shoots small group .
Image..Image
Image......Image
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

tn gun runner wrote:"Is this a current model?"
yes is still made

"I noticed the front sight seems to have been filed on for elevation, am I seeing right or is this an optional delusion?"
I have a belt sander and 5 second on that will get you on target

"I've got a Ruger Super Single-Six I've never been impressed with. No leading like you had, just pathetic accuracy."
Ruger 22 rev cylinders are drilled straight threw not chambered allowing flame and gases around bullet before it gets to the forcing cone . The Cimarron is chambered and use a .222 barrel which means NO LEADING and shoots small group .

The grove diameter on my Ruger is .2217" to .222", and the chambers were all over the place. Five different ID's. From .2255" to .2265". It would shoot 3 to 4 rounds into a group and throw 2 to 3 fliers each and every cylinder full.
I've had the cylinder reamed out so all the chambers are the same now, but I've not made it to the range to test it yet. I did a before and will do an after target to write it up.
I'm not looking for target accuracy, but something like yours would be nice.

I think I'll price me out one of those Cimarron .22s.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

My chamber are stepped and are .222 at bullet free bore to cone , the bullet is sealed in cylinder before it hits the forcing cone , unlike Ruger . I only paid $318 shipped here my auction bid .

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi ... =138164224
Image..Image
Image......Image
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

thats a great looking sidearm and great performance.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Pretty shooter. Good groups too. 1886.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Very Nice
Thise was one of the guns featured on cowboys this week
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

Most 22 LR guns made today the bullet will drop in the ft and won't seal . This is as far a loaded round will go into this gun . Try that with your gun and if it slide all the way in . The cylinder is drill not chambered if it slides in .

Image..Image
Image......Image
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Nice little report, tn gun runner. I've got a few Ruger 22's and as far as accuracy goes I wouldn't want to take them to a match, but they go bang every time.
Old Law Dawg
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

My 4 3/4" Uberti Flat Top Target .45 Colt is like yours -- never a leading problem and dead accurate. I have owned and shot hundreds of revolvers in my life, and this is one of the finest. About the only revolver I've ever had extensive experience with that equals the quality and performance of this one was a S&W Registered Magnum that my uncle owned for decades. The Italians can certainly turn out nice revolvers when they've a mind to.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Excellent! That is one sharp looking gun!!! I love Uberti weapons! :mrgreen: 8) :D

Thanks for the infor on the Ruger Single-Six too. I thought it was just me! :shock:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

tn gun runner, thanks for posting, I found it very interesting. I guess "IF" we ever get our right to have handguns back the .22 will probably be the only caliber we in the UK will be trusted with :oops: If that is so, I sure know which one I will buy! That Cimarron is a beauty! :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

game keeper wrote:tn gun runner, thanks for posting, I found it very interesting. I guess "IF" we ever get our right to have handguns back the .22 will probably be the only caliber we in the UK will be trusted with :oops: If that is so, I sure know which one I will buy! That Cimarron is a beauty! :D
Sorry about your gun rights :cry: :cry: If you come to the USA I have lots of gun and ammo for you to shoot , and I have my own gun range .

Image..Image
Image......Image
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Now THAT's what I call a home range! I need that drooling smiley!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Many thanks, tn gun runner. :D :D :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Post by soon 2 retire »

I shot the same finish Uberti (brass and color case) but in .45 colt today. A friend had just purchased it. My opinion: I have got to get me one of those. I like it better than his Vaquero. It was accurate with factory cowboy loads, handloads, and .45 Schofields.

Bob in NE Indiana
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Never fired an Uberti, but looking at them at gun shows I noticed that they were slick as oiled glass right out of the box. If they shoot as well as the action works, then I will probably get one someday.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mutt »

I own a Cimarron .45 long Colt . On the money right out of the Box . Shoots better than I can. 4 Colts I have can't match it . My wife gave me the Cimarron last year . You would think a $ 1300 dollar Colt would out perform a $ 469 dollar Bisley copy couldn't hold a candle too the more costly Colt. I reckon it goes to show you . Sometimes the name isn't up to the game.
No smiths in my area to turn the barrel for sighting in.
So I enjoy having this Cimarron that I have did nothing to.

.................Mutt
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

The Cimarron 45LC I have shoots great with no problems in over 1000 rds.
It is not the critic who counts