Sometimes some odd things come to light...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Sometimes some odd things come to light...

Post by Hobie »

I was just cruisin' the net in a moment of down-time and found some interesting things concerning Federal Agents...

I imagine I'll have to move the post but I have to ask, what sort of other odd things on the web have you maybe found concerning Federal Agents?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Sometimes some odd things come to light...

Post by Hillbilly »

Bill Tilghman was shot by a dirty Federal Probition Agent name Wiley Lynn... in 1924.

That was in Cromwell OK. Tilghman was 70... and had been a pretty good US Marshall with a long history as a lawman... back to the Oklahoma Territory days.

Bill had hired on to clean up Cromwell during the oil boom... Lynn would spring the bootleggers from jail and that caused some issues between the two men.

Side note...Cromwell is a wide spot on the road... just south of the current route of I-40. Most of the town was burned to the ground to eliminate the brothels and other houses of vice about a month after Tilghman's death in November '24... angry citizens or supporters of the Marshall... history is a bit unclear about who started the fires.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Well, I can tell you that its a fact that statistically, CHL holders are much less likely to commit crimes of all types than LEO's!

That's taken from the FBI's own uniform crime reports.

I've personlly known LEO's who really thought that they were outside of the law when it came to firearms. One that I remember thought that he could own FA firearms without a stamp because of his LEO status. Obviously, that's not the case - only his department can own them - he can use them in the line of duty but he cannot own them personally w/o paying the tax and getting the stamp.

I knew aonother one in PA that talked about beating up "n*gg*rs" and how stupid they were. He looked to be using steroids and really got off on himself.

But I've known far more decent and straight LEO's than the other type which seem to be a small acception.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'd say that in the end, they are all human and all work for the Gooberment...nuff said.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Hobie, a few years ago I was looking up some facts about the 1934 NFA (full auto) and found that the only person at the time that had violated it was a LEO had used a papered FA to kill someone not line of duty. danny
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Funny you should post this and then I go to another board and somebody else has this posted:

"the biggest gang in America"

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=54162036

It is about an hour long - but it'll really make you mad. The last couple of minutes drive home the point.
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I just thought it was some odd things that I came across in my internet wanderings. It was doubly interesting because I didn't go looking for them but they all came to me at the same time. EVERY group has its bad people (criminality is really a different question). I intended no swipe at police officers of any agency.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

I didnt take it as a swipe at LEO's... I always figured it was the pressure of the job that leads to a "them vs us" mentality

All the cops Ive know who went over the hill seemed to have that attitude as things went bad for them.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I know several military people who wouldn't do what it takes to get promoted or be retained and then griped about being forcibly retired. There's somebody like that in any large organization.
Sincerely,

Hobie

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Interesting because I think they are oddities. Yes, we've all heard of LEO's that abuse the power they are given. I'd say that small percentage - no more than 10% in aggregate - give the rest a bad name. I'd seen some myself. However, a massive majority of LEO's are fine, hard-working, upstanding honest people trying to do an incredibly difficult and largely thankless job for half or less of what they are truly worth in the open job market. It is a love of country, of freedom, of law and our society that drives most of these people to stand in the "thin blue line".
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Some want egg in their beer. :mrgreen:

Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

That video shot my blood pressure up.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Everyone should be held to high standards if they are in a position of authority or power. Accept nothing less than their best. (We are all human and our best is not necessarily exactly the same, but we should give our best anyway) The good LEOs should do their best to remove the bad ones, as should Doctors, Pharmacists, and a whole bunch of other professions. Without good Law Enforcement we would be in an anarchy or under rule by the strongest mob around.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

I'd love to see one cop tase another for using HIS taser when it wasn't needed.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I don't want to be Tased by anyone for any reason. Maybe the threat of having it used on you would make you less likely to use it indiscriminately.
D. Brian Casady
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I am like most here, generally pro-LEO. At least, I want to be. I've grown up understanding that LEO's are to be respected for the hard and dangerous work that they do.

But if just 10% of the LEO's are bad eggs then we have a really big problem. Especially if the trend is for that to increase.

If that vid is correct in its ascertion that almost all LEO departments will abuse a person wanting to make a complaint, then again we have a really big problem. Though, I will say that if I had a complaint myslef, I would get a lawyer - that is one of the legitimate uses for them - not to sue but to make the complaint to the department and actually expect some action.
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

The problem is not really the bad LEOs. There is a small percentage of bad people in any group. The real problem is the good LEOs who don't throw the bad ones out. As long as the jerks are retained, they will smear the reputation of every LEO in ordinary peoples' eyes.

Good cops should stop wondering why people are starting to look down on them.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Pack Mentality.

Ed
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

yep
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sometimes the bad ones do go. Several years ago we had a Police Chief in the town I currently live in who needed to be gotten rid of. Lots of reasons and things done, and he even protected one Officer who was caught smoking Marijuana in a squad car sitting in the parking lot in front of the Police Station. It was a citizen who caught the officer, and the officer pulled a gun on the citizen. The Police Chief was removed by the State Attorney General for misusing departmental funds and his badge was taken permanently. The officer was working in Ovilla, Texas the last that I heard. The officer, in my opinion, should go, but the Police Chief did go, and the department has cleaned up to the point of earning the respect and trust back which it had lost. Really, all of us need to be respectable and trustworthy as that matters. I wouldn't want to hunt with a man I couldn't trust or respect.
D. Brian Casady
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

PaulB wrote:The problem is not really the bad LEOs. There is a small percentage of bad people in any group. The real problem is the good LEOs who don't throw the bad ones out. As long as the jerks are retained, they will smear the reputation of every LEO in ordinary peoples' eyes.

Good cops should stop wondering why people are starting to look down on them.

I agree but unfortunately a lot of "bad cops" have made it to positions of authority in the police force, so some good cops have no where to report their fellow officers without being singled out and treated like lepers.

We have the same sort of scum infesting our police force over here. We have videos of them attacking innocent people whilst other police officers just look on!
I know they have a dangerous and difficult job and a lot of police anger is caused by lack of respect from drunks and so called tough guys and loud mouths but there is no excuse for for the things in that video! :evil:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.