OT: Domestic Relations

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT: Domestic Relations

Post by J Miller »

Or ... how to make your wife think you are smart :P

About 10 days or so ago I went to heat up something in the big old micro wave. Pushed the button, it started then just quit. Boom, dead. Nothing. Wifie came home and I told her the micro wave died she just stood there looking at me like her world just ended. Then she said something about reheating something for a late snack. Being the smart aleck I am I said: "Well I guess you'll have to do it the old fashioned way on the stove."
THAT did not go over well at all.

Then I told her that by the way it quit it was most likely a fuse. A couple days later we pulled it off the shelf, took the outer cover off and found the fuse. According to my Fluke meter the fuse was blown. I said "told ya". With the caveat that it still could be dead cos something had to blow that fuse. Could have been a voltage surge or something gone bad, no idea.
Then I took the fuse out and told her we'd go to Radio Shack and get a new one. She kept saying we should go to an appliance shop. I kept saying Radio Shack is cheaper, we don't wanna spend too much if the oven is kaput.
Well, she put the fuse in her purse and never bothered to stop anywhere to get a new one. BUT she did find a cute little micro wave in a yard sale for $5.00. Works too.

Today we went to Radio Shack and bought a package of 4 fuses for $3.00. Came home amid tornado sirens thunder and a furious rain storm and put a new fuse in the micro. Plugged it in and walaaaa it came right on. I heated up a snack for us and then put it back together. Now I hope the fuse don't blow again.

So now wifie thinks I'm pretty smart ...... :roll: I implore you guys not to tell her otherwise, I need all the atta boys I can get.

Oh, Radio Shack no longer sells speakers. Home audio only. Almost no blank tapes I could see and I couldn't even find any blank CDs.
Pretty sad really. Looks like they have mostly fancy telephones and others gadgets for the yuppie crowd.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: Domestic Relations

Post by mescalero1 »

Yeah,
Try and find a radio antenae for your truck.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Every once in awhile I manage to make my wife think I'm smart, but I usually change her mind by the end of the day.

I remember once she instructed me on something really simple, to which I replied: "What? You think I'm a complete idiot?"
And her response was: "No, I don't think you're a "complete" idiot.

Ed
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Good work Joe! :)
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Kansas Ed wrote:Every once in awhile I manage to make my wife think I'm smart, but I usually change her mind by the end of the day.
Ed
Right there with you...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

You fellas should be more assertive...women actually appreciate being told what to do in a forceful manner, even though they don't seem to like it at the moment. Tasers are good, too, but wimmin are a little soft and can't do any cooking or cleaning for about an hour afterward.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

BlaineG wrote:You fellas should be more assertive...women actually appreciate being told what to do in a forceful manner, even though they don't seem to like it at the moment. Tasers are good, too, but wimmin are a little soft and can't do any cooking or cleaning for about an hour afterward.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe, I hope they were high fiber snacks :!: :!:

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Wifie is the one with all the great ideas around here... LOL All I have to do is execute them!.. One time I got her to try a really simple job she wanted me to do...put some 1x4s in a kitchen closet in the for shelving..No miter cuts.. just butt one length against the other to make an L shaped shelf using 4 screw bracket hangers...after spending the weekend putting 4 boards = 2 shelves one above the other... she sorta started having a different approach ;) to the simple projects she envisioned...
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Way to go Ben,
Nothing like a little hands on to break the " all you have to do" syndrome.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Yep.. She started appreciating Muphy's Laws..Like, "Nothing is as easy as it looks"
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I learned a long time ago that my wife was management - and I am labor...
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

Kansas Ed wrote: : "No, I don't think you're a "complete" idiot.

Ed

does your wife have a sister?. :D :lol: :oops:
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I learned a long time ago that my wife was management - and I am labor...
I think most marriages are that way.

YK, careful, we start getting into management/labor discussion Hobie will toss this into the political section. :roll:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I learned a long time ago that my wife was management - and I am labor...
Your wife and mine must be related. I find myself in that same situation. Well, gotta go. I've got some stuff to do. :D
Old Law Dawg
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Yep. Wife bought a house to rent, as an investment. I do it all, EXCEPT handle the money. :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I solved that problem:::::: no wife!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

mescalero1 wrote:I solved that problem:::::: no wife!
Yup......finally, peace and quiet.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Can't put a value on it :D
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Hobie wrote:
Yep. Wife bought a house to rent, as an investment. I do it all, EXCEPT handle the money. :lol:
Hobie: Her money is her money, MY money is her money OUR money is her money, Only took me 6 months to realize this/that :)
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

mescalero1 wrote:Can't put a value on it :D
OH, I can......lots of guns and motorcycles without a ration of advice :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
hocbj23
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hocbj23 »

U know how all the Marriage gurus talk about communication being the key to a great marriage?My wife of 49 years figured it out 48.5 years ago--she tells me what to do and I go do it.Simple.Lol.bj