Elk Ivory

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Re: Elk Ivory

Post by Buck Elliott »

mescalero1 wrote:Still, beetle kill trees have to be culled fast to maximize use & minimize fire danger, where were these people raised, in a city?
Perzackly!
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

mescalero1 wrote:Is the forest service that stupid,? beetle kill trees are excellent lumber harvest, Good Lord , what next? :x
You ever hear of Yellowstone? They put out all the fires and didn't allow the deafall to burn up naturally, creating a huge tinderbox. They hire entirely too many idiots from town with degrees. I guess it never occurs to hire people that grew up managing the land and have a bit of native intelligence and experience that can look around and foresee obvious conclusions.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Travis Morgan wrote:
mescalero1 wrote:Is the forest service that stupid,? beetle kill trees are excellent lumber harvest, Good Lord , what next? :x
You ever hear of Yellowstone? They put out all the fires and didn't allow the deafall to burn up naturally, creating a huge tinderbox. They hire entirely too many idiots from town with degrees. I guess it never occurs to hire people that grew up managing the land and have a bit of native intelligence and experience that can look around and foresee obvious conclusions.
Fire supression is only a small part of the problem in Yellowstone and surrounding areas. The BIGGEST part of the problem is the elimination of logging, which would put all that wood to good use, and (Heaven Forbid...!) put some money into the local, as well as national economy. For now, the only folks makin' any real money off the deal are the beaurocrats and lawyers, fed by the 'special interest' greenies.

It'll be a shock to some of the enviro-nazis to learn that they are also classified as humans (albeit a weak subspecies), and won't be allowed to roam the back-country either...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Good point. Out between Jackson Hole and Dubois, Wyoming, if you pull over to pick up dead trees just laying there without a *******' permit, you'll be fined, if not worse.

That kinda stuff makes me wanna bump off the idiots that do bicycle tours on that two lane highway with a mountain on one side and a gorge on the other. I've nearly wiped out a pack of them a time or two when I was rounding a bend in a one ton crew cab dually loaded down and pulling a trailer full of horses and mules. Stupid bastards.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Travis Morgan wrote:Good point. Out between Jackson Hole and Dubois, Wyoming, if you pull over to pick up dead trees just laying there without a *******' permit, you'll be fined, if not worse.

That kinda stuff makes me wanna bump off the idiots that do bicycle tours on that two lane highway with a mountain on one side and a gorge on the other. I've nearly wiped out a pack of them a time or two when I was rounding a bend in a one ton crew cab dually loaded down and pulling a trailer full of horses and mules. Stupid bastards.
AMEN!
Regards

Buck