Bought a Ruger Bearcat (Now w/ pic and group)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Bought a Ruger Bearcat (Now w/ pic and group)

Post by Dave »

When I was a kid I had a Bearcat. I carried it all the time and really liked it. Of course I sold it. Yesterday I walked into a gun store just hanging around and someone had traded in a new model Bearcat that looked new with the box. We decided on $250 out the door. A new one was $469. I struck.

I kept looking at it last night remembering how well my other one shot but with fixed sights you just have to shoot it and hope. I wasn't sure when I could make it to the range but then I remembered I had some CB caps. :D

I set a milk jug in the flower bed and started shooting at the label which had a little 2" x 2" picture of a cow and barn on it.

After 18 rounds with little adjustments in my grip and trigger pull I put the last 6 dead on the little picture. I think everything is going to be OK. :mrgreen:

In fact I may starting shooting regular shorts out of it just for no reason. Why not? Life is good.

_____

Went to the range today. Had a bunch of kids and females with me. We had a good time but with my safety officer duties I didn't do a whole lot of shooting. We were about to leave when I remembered I needed to shoot the Bearcat. I cranked six rounds at the NRA emblem on the target at 7 yards. A couple dropped low but that was me. I believe I have a winner here. Now I just need to find a holster. There doesn't seem to be an abundance of holsters for the little gun.

Last edited by Dave on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hobie

Re: Bought a Ruger Bearcat

Post by Hobie »

Bearcats are FUN guns. :mrgreen:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

COOL GUN but way too small for my hands. I cant even get my finger in the trigger guard of an early one of my friend`s. :lol:
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I like my wifes lil bearcat. It has been known to slap prairie dogs out of the hole at about 75 yds. :mrgreen:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Pictures???

Congrats!!! :D
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'd really like one of those someday!!
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Re: Bought a Ruger Bearcat (Now w/ pic and group)

Post by Dave »

BTT with a pic
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Bought mine when I was 12. Cost was $39.95. Sold it with a tooled holster for $37 seven years later. Stupid dang kid.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by .45 »

Check out the Ruger website in the accessories and they have a holster made for the bearcat.
Got one about a year ago and am very happy with it.
Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens... and the unforeseeable that which your life becomes.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

I bought a holster for my Bearcat from Ruger a few months ago.

Right handed holster:
http://shopruger.com/Bearcat-Holster-4- ... nfo/84188/

Left handed holster:
http://shopruger.com/Bearcat-Holster-Le ... nfo/50207/

These particular holsters are made by Triple K for Ruger and are good, solid, serviceable holsters. Well worth the cost.

Those little Bearcats are rugged guns and with a little bit of experimentation (hold, finger position on trigger, etc.) they are quite accurate.
ED
Yer never too old
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

:D
Last edited by Nobody on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Cool guns those Bearcats are. Perfect camp or trail gun. Holster? I must be gettin' lazy in my middle age as anymore (unless its serious hunting) I just stuff 'em in my belt.----------Sixgun
Cool Stuff