Refuse new coins

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Gun Runner
Levergunner 1.0

Refuse new coins

Post by Gun Runner »

REFUSE NEW COINS

This simple action will make a strong statement.

Please help do this.. Refuse to accept these when they are handed to you.

I received one from the Post Office as change and I asked for a dollar bill instead.

The lady just smiled and said 'way to go' , so she had read this e -mail.

Please help out...our world is in enough trouble without this too!!!!!

U.S.Government to Release New Dollar Coins

You guessed it
'IN GOD WE TRUST' IS GONE!!!
If ever there was a reason to boycott something, THIS IS IT!!!!

DO NOT ACCEPT THE NEW DOLLAR COINS AS CHANGE

Together we can force them out of circulation.

Please send to all on your mailing list!!!

Gun Runner
Ysabel Kid

Re: Refuse new coins

Post by Ysabel Kid »

IIRC, weren't these taken out of circulation quite some time ago? In fact, finding one without "In God We Trust" is rare, and they are worth much more than face value to collectors.

That being said, they added this to the side rim, so I won't accept those, as you know what rubs off first...
Bullet Bob

Post by Bullet Bob »

This has been going around, and refuted, for so long that I can't believe someone is still posting it. Look on the edge of the coin - the logo you seek is still there.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The "In God We Trust" is on the rim of the coins. They have NOT removed it. This is FALSE.

Please, review such rumors (this has been passed around on e-mail) before posting.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

What would it matter if it were removed? The nation as a whole puts trust in the gods of government instead of God himself.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

If you see one with "In God we trust" hand stamped on it...
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

The minted coin dollar is actually the only constitutionally valid money we have. The paper money isn't printed by the U.S. Govt and is technically counterfeit. So me refuse real money ...... Not a chance.

Besides the "In Got We Trust" is on the edge. Should be on the front, but it's there.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

DavidFagan wrote:If you see one with "In God we trust" hand stamped on it...
Now THAT is a good idea.... :twisted:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

AJMD429 wrote:
DavidFagan wrote:If you see one with "In God we trust" hand stamped on it...
Now THAT is a good idea.... :twisted:
I couldn't find a place that would make a "gang" stamp I suspected for one it would be a lot of money anyhow so it isn't perfect but I think the point was made :D

I also thought if I could find a place to have them made at a reasonable cost in quantity I would go ahead and buy a couple hundred (again if they were not too expensive) and sell them. I don't think they would be hard to sell, especially when the coin becomes more circulated. I believe there is a lot of people who agree this is just the first step in the goal of removing it entirely.
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

J Miller wrote:The minted coin dollar is actually the only constitutionally valid money we have. The paper money isn't printed by the U.S. Govt and is technically counterfeit. So me refuse real money ...... Not a chance.

Besides the "In Got We Trust" is on the edge. Should be on the front, but it's there.

Joe

BALDERDASH. Our paper money is printed by the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The phrase has NOT been removed. This topic is locked. Further posts on the rumor will be deleted.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson