Winchester sight ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
33wcfshooter
Levergunner 1.0

Winchester sight ?

Post by 33wcfshooter »

I've been looking at the Brad Johnson 1886 on gunsinternational.com (it's a great one to look at but way too much $$$$$ for me).My question is has anybody seen a rear sight like is on this rifle?It's got a three leaf set up but in place of the express v's for different ranges it has a normal buckhorn,a express v and a small ladder style sight.Does anyone make a modern reproduction of this style sight? It looks like a neat idea.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester sight ?

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

That rifle's been around for a while and I am always fascinated by that sight. I've never seen one like it and wonder if it was custom made from various parts.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Re: Winchester sight ?

Post by Kansas Ed »

That is a Sheard 3-Leaf Adjustable sight. Described in the book: Old Gunsights, by Nick Stroebel listed on page 210, picture on page 209. Interestingly enough, it was a sight put on Remingtons. Does look good on that Winchester though doesn't it. They state in the description that a "modern barrel and sights" were put on the rifle.

Ed