Another company for job leads...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
handyrandyrc
Levergunner 2.0

Another company for job leads...

Post by handyrandyrc »

http://www.sorenson.com/company/jobs.php

Here is another good lead for another company doing very well right now. They are looking for software engineers, test engineers, and have many positions open. Sorenson runs a video relay service for the deaf and hard of hearing. The back end that runs everything is quite impressive, and the software is pure magic. I worked for them in the IT department for over a year, and I love the company. I wish I would have never left there. If you can get to Salt Lake City, it might be worth your while! Business is booming right now for Sorenson. Also, if you know American Sign Language, their interpreters make from 25-30 dollars per hour, and Sorenson has a call center in nearly every major US city, so there is likely one near you.

In fact, I started going to class to learn ASL once I found out how much the interpreters can make! It's way more than I'm able to make in IT, so not a bad career if you can master a new 'language' or already know how to sign and can become certified.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Another company for job leads...

Post by mescalero1 »

ASL in a call center? :shock:
How does that work?
I know ASL
don't like Salt Lake
handyrandyrc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by handyrandyrc »

It's cool, there are call centers in Albuquerque and in Phoenix, and I think there is one in Tucson, too.

The interpreter has a TV and camera, as does the deaf 'caller'. The interpreter also wears a headset and has a telephone. Imagine a deaf person being able to call and order pizza without having to use TTY. They can sign back and forth naturally with the interpreter, and the interpreter carries on a natural conversation with the pizza place. You get the idea.

www.sorenson.com to see how it works
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Wow,
That is cool,
maybe I'll go back to work,
I could get paid and help people too!