303 Savage Brass

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

303 Savage Brass

Post by Bruce »

Does anyone have any leads on where some 303 Savage brass or rounds can be found? A friend (gunsmith) has come across a nice Savage in that cailber and wants to shoot/reload for it. Thanks in advance.
rusty shackelford
Levergunner

Post by rusty shackelford »

i have 12 factory loaded rounds for the 303 and 1 empty brass w/ the original box
if that is of interest to him.

rusty
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Huntington's is advertising .303 Savage ammo. That's the first thing that comes to mind. There have been some runs of brass. I'm surprised Starline doesn't make it. There's quite a demand for use in those old rifles. It is kinda funny because I remember when it was on every store's shelf.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
LHunter
Levergunner

Post by LHunter »

Look around on the net - often there is some for sale. I have a bunch but usually just make mine. It can be made from 220 swift, 303 brit or 30-40 krag. The brit or krag is the easiest. There was an article in Handloader on this - I'll try to find the issue & post it. If you want a description let me know.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

grafs has some [bertrand] now and you can back order their house brand ammo [made by jamison] and it is quite good and a bargain.

http://www.grafs.com/metallic/765
cable
jtaylor1960
Levergunner

303 BRASS

Post by jtaylor1960 »

I bought some from Graf's a while back.I think I also bought some from Buffalo Arms.Some was Jamison Brass and some was formed from 30/40 Krag. I load for a friend that has a 303.
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bruce »

Thanks fellas. I will pass this information on to him. It is a nice early 20's carbine that he picked up. Danged if he did'nt also just take in a 1873 38-40 rifle that is in the best condition I have ever seen. It has not been refinished or anything. He was going to clean up the patina and sand a past owners name off of the stock and then shoot it. I stopped him and infromed him on how to get it lettered. He has a check in the mail to Cody.
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

Jtaylor, how is the quality of your Jamison .303 Savage brass?
Any information would be most helpful. Thanks!
John
Last edited by John in MS on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

Norma made up a batch headstamped "303 Savage" about a year ago or so, and it has been offered in Gun List and Shotgun News but I don't know who offered it.
jtaylor1960
Levergunner

303 BRASS

Post by jtaylor1960 »

I haven't reloaded any of the brass yet so I'm not sure how it will hold up yet.From just looking at it I think I like the 30/40Krag in Winchester brass better.