LEST WE FORGET

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

LEST WE FORGET

Post by JimT »

WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

I watch very little T.V. and even less news.
But this morning I grabed some coffee and went downstairs to watch ABC for 9/11 coverage.
Inbetween clips about senior care, sexualy subjective acne commercials and the ever constant Bush bashing they did mention just before I turned off the T.V. in disgust that "Today is a day for reflection and rememberance of a tragedy". A TRAGEDY?!?!? Not an cowardy attack?
The tragedy that I see is an bandwagon of cowards and weak kneed politicians that lack the will to see this through.
Through the considerable effort of the media most of this nation has forgot, or wants to forget.
I saw more coverage on some performence that Brittney Spears gave last night then about 9/11.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Thanks Jim

I can't wait for leadership that will take the fight to them for real.

NEVER FORGET SEPTEMBER 11

Grizz
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Never forget
Also Beirut barracs bombing, The Kenya embassy, U.S.S Cole just to name few other instances were Americans died at the hands of terorists.

Thanks Jim
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
45-70
Levergunner

Post by 45-70 »

This may seem anti-PC/militant to some, but...

Remember the Alamo...
Remember the Maine...
Remember Pearl Harbor...
Remember September 11, 2001...

I do remember and don't enjoy pondering where we are as a nation today...
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

I will also mourn for this country's losses, both in the Homeland and on foreign soil due to the war with our enemies. I would like to administer some retribution of my own today. Oh well, I will just do my part to keep my little slice of the pie running as it should.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Some folks don't like the pics of the people falling. It is what my cousin most hates to remember. But I think that for that reason it best shows that REAL people were murdered.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I hate those pictures also, Hobie .. and I have a hard time looking at them. I tend to look away. Which is exactly why I chose them for today. If we start looking away it becomes too easy.
45-70
Levergunner

Post by 45-70 »

Regarding the pics of the falling people: For some reason I try to imagine myself in their place and what I would be feeling and thinking as I fell to my death, when just minutes before I felt so secure in such a massive corporate complex, at my workdesk...knowing I would not see my family members again in this life.
"I came into the world to do the will of my Father, because my Father sent me..." Jesus Christ.
BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba »

I hope everyone noticed that OBL endorsed the Democrat Party in his speech the other day as people he could work with. 'Nuff Said :evil: God Bless America; Doom on Any and All who will not fight for her or support those that do.
---------------------
www.levergunluvers.com

MOLAN LABE

DEMOCRATS: PORK OVER PATRIOTISM
CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CraigC »

It is unbelievable to me that so many are so willing to forget something so horrific. What are we to do?
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Thank you JimT. Let's never foget these innocent folks who perished.
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

I remember something making me stop what I was doing and walk into a nearby office with a TV that morning. The TV is usually off, but it was on then.

I realized everyone was right beneath the Towers, and thought OMG if those buildings fall, they are toast. They all know that too, and have no choice but to be there....

Then all of us in the office watched the Towers fall.....

And like the above posts say, this was not the first time those jerks attacked us. But we did finally send in the Troops. For this non-romantic fight against those extremists who intend to kill as many of us as they can and to destroy our lives, we need to pull out all the stops and squash them flat.

The news needs to start reporting things in a pro American manner too. I really should not say the words that express my thoughts on the typical news coverage.
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

That day was not a "trajedy" it was an act of war by a sect of cowards, and we best never forget it.

As was mentioned the TV stations are a bunch of a$$wipes that are afraid to face the truth.

May we NEVER forget those that died that day and the many before it.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

DO NOT LOOK AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!

Force yourself to stare for at least 30 seconds....

Feel the burn of your emotions....

Know and understand what they went through that day....

Now think of the flying imams lawsuit, or of the footbaths your tax dollars are paying for.

Welcome to a world where EVIL does as it chooses and rams itself down your throat.

Jeeps
Bramble
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bramble »

To all my friends in America. We stand beside you in sympathy.

darn all cowards.

Mark
Papa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Papa »

It sickens me to think of the complacency that led us to this point. I cannot fathom the thought of not defending myself, let alone others in a moment of pearl.

I've carried a pocket knife since I was 4 years old (and have the scars to prove it) and now to get on an airplane in my own country with one would make me a criminal.

I feel raped and deprived of my since of self worth in the eyes of our leaders.

I can only turn to God at this point and vow that I will do what I think is righteous and holy to save as many from this kind of pearl as humanly possible, should such a thing be presented to me.

I can honestly say that every person in my family was brought up to feel the same way.

My travels abroad have taught me that we've been spoiled as a society and that such a horrific thing only exits in other counties, until 9/11. I've listened to people in my work place that have never seen or hearf of this kind of aggression before and wondered how that could be? Did they choose to be blind? Did they think that the whole world valued life as we do?

I've been fortune enough to have had people from Laos, Cambodia, Bosnia, Korea, and Viet Nam, work for me, and I've always been awe stricken by the freedom that they rejoice in, and we take fore granted.

You've just experienced more of my soul than I've shared with people I see everyday.

May God Bless
Papa
DavidS
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DavidS »

I for one will never forget 9-11. These pictures should be on all the broadcasts to show exactly why we are fighting in the middle east.
David S
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

JimT wrote:I hate those pictures also, Hobie .. and I have a hard time looking at them. I tend to look away. Which is exactly why I chose them for today. If we start looking away it becomes too easy.
Yes, exactly!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

As far as the pocket knife thing goes don't sweat it. A bic pen is every bit as lethal as a pocket knife, and you can have as many of those as you want. The ear or the eyeball, sudden death.

And don't forget that the seat cushions are great shields and will stop any box cutter or knife..,

Grizz
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

Jim;
I know that you know this, and I pray that others learn. When the work of our military forces is complete a sad truth will still exist: Christian's work for the LORD still remains to be done. The peace desired by the Living God (and that sure is not allah) can only come through God's true, final Prophet; God's only begotten Son, Christ Jesus. Any other "peace" will be false, and will be brought by evil.
Remember 9/11. Fight (and support those who fight) to gain a military victory. But always remember that a people beaten into submission is not truly a conquered or changed people. Only the Living God, as revealed through Christ Jesus, can truly conquer the human spirit that has been led astray by evil; and in doing so, change that spirit for the better.
Brother Jim, thanks for the memories.
PPpastordon
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

PPpastordon wrote:Only the Living God, as revealed through Christ Jesus, can truly conquer the human spirit that has been led astray by evil; and in doing so, change that spirit for the better.

PPpastordon

Amen to that, dear brother. The only lasting peace will come through the Prince of Peace.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

PPpastordon wrote:Jim;
I know that you know this, and I pray that others learn. When the work of our military forces is complete a sad truth will still exist: Christian's work for the LORD still remains to be done. The peace desired by the Living God (and that sure is not allah) can only come through God's true, final Prophet; God's only begotten Son, Christ Jesus. Any other "peace" will be false, and will be brought by evil.
Remember 9/11. Fight (and support those who fight) to gain a military victory. But always remember that a people beaten into submission is not truly a conquered or changed people. Only the Living God, as revealed through Christ Jesus, can truly conquer the human spirit that has been led astray by evil; and in doing so, change that spirit for the better.
Brother Jim, thanks for the memories.
PPpastordon
+2 :D
copen
Levergunner

Post by copen »

Not forgot.
Not forgiven.
EVER!