OT - screw in chokes for Rem 1100

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2row
Levergunner 1.0

OT - screw in chokes for Rem 1100

Post by 2row »

I lost the info for the place that installed chokes in shotguns can anyone help me. I need to have a 1100 20 ga barrel shortend and chokes installed
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Call Brownells Tech. help ,They will help you find someone close who will do it. :)
Stan Baker in Seattle is the guy who invented the screw in chokes and made the first ones for Winchester. He installed one in a Rem. 1100 for me around 1970. He started as a one man shop and within 2 years he had 80 guys working for him. He designed and made all the tooling and chokes in his shop. His chokes were marked in constriction in thousandths and not full/mod. etc. :wink:
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Hi 2 row,

I had my local gunsmith do mine, though I'm not sure if they are limited to what choke tube systems they can install. Mine put in a Colonial Arms choke tube and they don't appear to be too widely available(the different replacement tubes). I would think the Hastings or Rem-Chokes would be preferable just because of the variety. Can Remington do it for you? Anyway, maybe just a btt for someone who remembers the post your thinking of. 86'r probably knows your man. :wink:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

FOR AN 1100, i THINK THE CHEAPEST WAY IS TO ORDER A NEW BARREL
FROM CABELAS, BASS PRO OR ONE OF THE OTHER GUN
PART SUPPLIERS....
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

RIHMFIRE wrote:FOR AN 1100, i THINK THE CHEAPEST WAY IS TO ORDER A NEW BARREL
FROM CABELAS, BASS PRO OR ONE OF THE OTHER GUN
PART SUPPLIERS....
That's what I did for my 1100 LT20. A smith said my original 1100 barrel was too thin to put screw in chokes in anyway.