Hobie

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
milton
Levergunner 2.0

Hobie

Post by milton »

I just read "Thoughts on Long Ago" and it brought a flood of memories back to me from the past!What times we had and our parents had years ago,but how it made us stronger than those today who "have it all" Thanks for the article!!!!
"Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous thing. For a little knowledge entices us to walk its path, a bit more provides the foundation on which we take our stand, and a sufficient amount can erect a wall of knowledge around us, trapping us in our own ignorance."
Hobie

Re: Hobie

Post by Hobie »

It just seemed normal to go through, didn't it. No whining.

I didn't mention that my dad cut his foot with an ax (only time in 50+ years of using one) and they just poured some iodine, peroxide, and methiolate right into the wound then "clipped" it (I presume using something to hold the wound closed). He healed right up in a couple of weeks.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Hobie wrote:It just seemed normal to go through, didn't it. No whining.

I didn't mention that my dad cut his foot with an ax (only time in 50+ years of using one) and they just poured some iodine, peroxide, and methiolate right into the wound then "clipped" it (I presume using something to hold the wound closed). He healed right up in a couple of weeks.
There's a place on my thumb that I sliced down to the bone while brushing line surveying......Washed it out by peeing on it, wrapped it in a clean part of the bandana and secured it with surveyers tape.....went to MAMC the next day and they declined to treat farther....I done just fine :mrgreen: Dang kids these days :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

BlaineG wrote:
Hobie wrote:It just seemed normal to go through, didn't it. No whining.

There's a place on my thumb that I sliced down to the bone while brushing line surveying......Washed it out by peeing on it, wrapped it in a clean part of the bandana and secured it with surveyers tape.....went to MAMC the next day and they declined to treat farther....I done just fine :mrgreen: Dang kids these days :lol:
That is pretty much all they did back in those days, self treat. You just did it. Some of us are still like that but now most folks go to the doctor for some really simple stuff.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

SWMBO works in emergency dept.. She was working in triage and a young lady came in. Wifey asked her what the problem was. The young lady sounds exasperated and responds; "Can't you tell???? My lips are chapped!" The wife didn't know quite what to do as they are not allowed to laugh at the patients.
The Lord Bless You

Terry
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

41 Redhawk wrote:SWMBO works in emergency dept.. She was working in triage and a young lady came in. Wifey asked her what the problem was. The young lady sounds exasperated and responds; "Can't you tell???? My lips are chapped!" The wife didn't know quite what to do as they are not allowed to laugh at the patients.
:shock: :!:
Sincerely,

Hobie

morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

41 Redhawk wrote:SWMBO works in emergency dept.. She was working in triage and a young lady came in. Wifey asked her what the problem was. The young lady sounds exasperated and responds; "Can't you tell???? My lips are chapped!" The wife didn't know quite what to do as they are not allowed to laugh at the patients.
Thats sad, aint it. I always do my own doctoring whenever I can. I guess all of the animals that I have doctored over the years gave me some experience and a whole lot of bull-headedness to try some interesting surgeries on my self.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Everyone has to also remember that everytime you go to a doctor or hospital now, your records are going to be on the computer, and we all know that records on computers are totally
SAFE AND PRIVATE-NOT.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
milton
Levergunner 2.0

Post by milton »

What's going to happen to these people if things really fell apart and in some measure reverted to the "Old Days" ???? :o
"Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous thing. For a little knowledge entices us to walk its path, a bit more provides the foundation on which we take our stand, and a sufficient amount can erect a wall of knowledge around us, trapping us in our own ignorance."
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Benign neglect is a treatment not used near enough......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV