Ranch Dog Molds

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Levergunner 2.0

Ranch Dog Molds

Post by .45 »

Just saw on the Ranch Dog forum that he is closing. If anyone wants/needs one of his molds it appears that some are still in stock. Just ordered 2 and hope I was fast enough.

http://www.ranchdogmolds.com/forum/view ... ?f=7&t=326
Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens... and the unforeseeable that which your life becomes.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Ranch Dog Molds

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I just snagged the TLC460-425-RF. I don't cast but I couldn't let that one pass away. I guess I will soon have something gun related on which I can spend even more money.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

I hate to see a small business go down, but his stuff was kinda spendy.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
handyrandyrc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by handyrandyrc »

Kinda SPENDY?!? The hell it was!

Best prices on the web! Near factory cost for completely custom moulds! The problem was getting Lee to be able to cut them to dimension. He had 4-5 thousand of his own money tied up with back orders at Lee. When the orders DID come in, they were wrong, and had to go back. With their near 1 year backlog, it just isn't worth the expense and time it takes. I don't blame Ranch Dog one bit.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I don't think it's spendy at all if you consider the amount of work that went into his designs, testing, fooling around with LEE to cut them and all the shipping hassle. If you wanted to cast for a Marlin levergun, they're a bargain! There is talk that LEE may make his designs a catalog item in the future.
NRA Life Member
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

He had some good designs. Was looking forward to trying the 30 cal mould.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I just received his .323 and .379 molds last week. Was planning on getting his 44 mold at a later date. Which will be sooner now.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Certainly not "spendy"... but given the backlog at Lee, I can see his point.

I guess he is in negotiation with Dick &/or John to make some of his TL designs "standard" Lee catalogue items.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

I've decided to buy nothing but steel molds from now on, anyway. Much easier to deal with, clean, and maintain.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Got my mold already ... mounted on handles an all. For $26 plus shipping, I'm happy.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I have several RD molds. I love the designs if not the molds that lee makes. I would love to see a steel/iron mold cut to RD designs. Then you would have something.
Don`t get me wrong, Lee molds are OK for what they are and a good value for the money, and I own about 30 of them. I just like better quality in my tools. :D

Ranch Dog is one of the good guys! :D :D :D
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:I have several RD molds. I love the designs if not the molds that lee makes. I would love to see a steel/iron mold cut to RD designs. Then you would have something.
Don`t get me wrong, Lee molds are OK for what they are and a good value for the money, and I own about 30 of them. I just like better quality in my tools. :D

Ranch Dog is one of the good guys! :D :D :D
Ditto! I have Lee molds that the locater pins have fallen out of, some that just don't want to align, etc., and a few that I've about given up on because of lead buildup I can't seem to remove without completely wrecking them.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer