The Good News

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

The Good News

Post by Grizz »

My Easter message this year is from First Corinthians Chapter Fifteen:
Christian Brothers, I want to tell the Good News to you again. It is the same as I preached to you before. You received it and your faith has been made strong by it. This is what I preached to you. You are saved from the punishment of sin by the Good News if you keep hold of it, unless your faith was worth nothing. First of all I taught you what I received. It was this: Christ died for our sins as the holy writings said he would. Christ was buried. He was raised from the dead three days later as the holy writings said he would................................. the important thing is this: we preached the Good News to you and you believed it.
That's it. That's the Good News. That's the Gospel. Believing it is the power of God unto Salvation. God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should be saved by believing the Good News. By BELIEVING GOD. That's it! Noticed that that message is directed to Christian Brothers. Christians are mixed up into the world's population, and preaching the Good News to Christians is certain to reach unbelievers also.

Romans Chapter Three says
Men become right with God by putting their trust in Jesus Christ. God will accept men if they come this way........... God gave Jesus Christ to the world. Men's sins can be forgiven through the blood of Christ when they put their trust in Him............God makes everyone right with Himself who puts his trust in Jesus.............. This is what we have come to know. A man is made right with God by putting his trust in Christ.
So faith that comes by hearing this Good News has an active component to it. If we say we believe the Good News but don't actually trust Christ, then we don't have saving faith and our sins aren't forgiven. But as Paul told the Romans over and over, we are made right with God when we put our trust in Jesus Christ, who died for our sins and rose from the dead for our salvation.

The gift of God is eternal life when we believe God by putting our trust in Jesus Christ.

I hope somehow whoever needs to hear this, HEARS THIS, and follows the pattern set out in the Bible, and joins the redeemed of the Lord.

Second Corinthians Chapter Five says
We are speaking for Christ and we ask you from our hearts to turn from your sins and come to God. Christ never sinned but God put our sin on Him. Then we are made right with God because of what Christ has done for us.
Happy Celebration,

Grizz

Bible quotes from the New Life Testament translated by Gleason H. Ledyard, published by Christian Literature International
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Good News

Post by C. Cash »

Thank you that Grizz...Amen.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Thanks for posting that...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Thank you, Sir.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

thank you, and AMEN
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Thank you Grizz, it's sure good to salvation spread while we still can.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Thanks Grizz. I couldn't be at my own Church this A.M. due to working. Nice to "Hear" the Word.

HE IS RISEN
UNITE
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Thank you for that good reminder, Grizz. I was thinking about Easter the other day and figure it is the most important historical event in all of human history. Prior to that day, all of humanity was lost forever. After that day we have the free gift of forgiveness for our moral violations and the gift of eternal life, if we will put our faith (stake everything) on Jesus Christ.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Thanks Grizz, I just came in from Sunrise Services, humbling to think about what Jesus did and suffered through for us.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Thanks Grizz, off to church shortly.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................