OT - ugly black plastic pistol joins the OSOK family

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

OT - ugly black plastic pistol joins the OSOK family

Post by O.S.O.K. »

New SF (short frame) model. Fits normal sized hands :)

15 rounds of 10mm - a good back up or woods buming pistol that can take a lot of harsh treatment.

Came with Glock tritium sights installed - a big upgrade from the standard poly IMHO.

I'm thinking this is a great backup for bow hunting or as a close-range option for deer when rifle hunting.

Had it to the range this past weekend and it digested the American Eagle fmj's and my 200 grain XTP handloads equally well. Was more accurate with my handloads though.

The trigger is a bit heavy which makes deliberate longer-range shooting a challenge (like for hunting) so I may trade out the trigger parts to lighten it a bit - or at least make it a more even pull which is safer. Right now it stacks just ahead of the sear break.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - ugly black plastic pistol joins the OSOK family

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

What measurements change in the SF model?

I always wanted a 20 and back in '94 I bought a bunch of pre-ban hi-caps in case I had the chance to pick one up but I never have. Nice gun, great cartridge.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

That looks beautiful to me, I don't care what anybody says. How does that frame size compare to a Glock 22?
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Glock ---- homely to the eye, cold to the touch, but comforting as hell when things go bump in the night.

Half the PD's in america ---- they cant all be wrong. The 10mm is the coolest chambering Glock makes too. I had a .45 (the 21) and it was a fine little machine, --- i disliked it for no reason other than its looks. My new Springfield GI pistol has required a ton of rounds downrange to get it to break in and function with any reliability at all. The Glocks need nothing and i want my old one back :lol:
Last edited by Streetstar on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----- Doug
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Ugly? That is a work of art! Ok, maybe not in form, but function for certain.
NRA Life Member
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Thanks guys. The dimension that's "shorter" on the SF over the standard 20 or 21 frame is the front to back measurement of the grip area. Notice the pronounced "hump" on the lower back part of the grip? It's less pronounced on the SF. Its just enough to make one handed shooting more controlled if your hands aren't size large or bigger.

My hands measure 7" from base of palm to tip of the middle finger - medium.

The G22 is a standard sized frame - same as the original G17. Its more slender than the 20 and 21 and the short versions of the 45ACP and 10mm Auto models.

This 20SF is almost identical in feel to my Springfield XD45.

And as to reliability and break-in, yes the Glocks are the standard to be judged by. This gave 100% function right out of the box, unlike the Witness that I had (this was sacrificed to fund the Glock) which was still breaking in....
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

GLOCKS ARE 100% RELIABLE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. NO TUNING, NO SLICKING UP, NO NEED TO BUY ENOUGH AFTER MARKET PARTS TO MAKE ANOTHER PISTOL JUST TO GET THE ONE YOU HAVE TO FUNCTION RELIABLY. I LOVE THE COLT 1911S AND CZ-75, BUT THE GLOCK(DUCK, INCOMING!!!) BEATS THEM BOTH :evil:
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I do have a Storm Lake stainless barrel coming for this though - standard length. It's for shooting cast bullet loads - my preferred practice bullet. They are also supposed to be safer with fully supported chambers... but I'm really just interested in the cast bullet compatibility.
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

www.topglock.com --- in case you aren't already familiar with the site ----- tons of good stuff ---- i really wanted one of their 6" .400-Cor-bon barrels for my 21. All this talk about Glocks makes me want another one
Hopefully, one more box of ammo and my Springfield will start working right :lol:
----- Doug
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

O.S.O.K - Your new Glock looks good, shoots true, apparently fits you well, and one can't fault the caliber, so ... congratulations are in order!

Hey Streetstar, if you try another box of ammo through that S.A. GI and it still ain't working out for you, give me a shout. I seem to have good karma with the S.A. offerings. :D
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

GoatGuy wrote:O.S.O.K - Your new Glock looks good, shoots true, apparently fits you well, and one can't fault the caliber, so ... congratulations are in order!

Hey Streetstar, if you try another box of ammo through that S.A. GI and it still ain't working out for you, give me a shout. I seem to have good karma with the S.A. offerings. :D
I'll keep that in mind, GG -- Ozark is just a couple hundred miles down the road
----- Doug
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Eeeeewwww...

:wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

PM sent, Streetstar.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

FWeidner - is the Eeeeewwww... an editorial comment on the Glock or the caliber? :lol: I can't really speak to either as I have had no experience with launch vehicle or missile. In other words, "GoatGuy doesn't don't know much about art, but he knows what he likes".
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Look around on the internet and you'll see Ted Nugent's hunts with 10mm on wild boar and whitetail. Not some slicked-up Contender, either, just a stock Glock or Kimber.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Dang it! shortly after reading this thread, i mindlessly bid on another G 21 on Gun Broker and was just informed that i won it :o This is both an upper and a downer since i am still reeling from purchasing 2 cases of 223.

I am too far invested in .45 ACP to stop now, or i would have gotten the "Big 10" ---
----- Doug
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very cool! 8) I've come around to seeing why Glocks are so popular - but don't tell anyone! :wink:
skinnygun
Levergunner

Post by skinnygun »

O.S.O.K. you will now need a 10mm rifle and you have the bottom half... get a Mech Tech Unit fits on top and makes into a compact 10mm rifle .
I have one in .45 acp but need it in .460 roland..
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

skinnygun wrote:O.S.O.K. you will now need a 10mm rifle and you have the bottom half... get a Mech Tech Unit fits on top and makes into a compact 10mm rifle .
Oh why did you tell me this? :?

I am familiar with the mechtech - but I didn't know they had 10mm versions... :shock:

I already have a 9mm Glock and Kel Tec Sub2000 combo = but those are two different firearms that use the same mags...
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Soul less creatures they are. Kind of like Zombies, they just keep on coming. I picked up a 17 to carry when called out on a sniper detail so I wouldn't have to worry about beating up my Les Baer. It does it's job and does it well. But, to me, it has no soul.

Congratulations on your purchase. The 10mm is a nice handgun round.
Old Law Dawg
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Thanks - I know what you mean. These are right in there with AR-15's and AK-47's. Just a tool.
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

GoatGuy wrote:FWeidner - is the Eeeeewwww... an editorial comment on the Glock or the caliber? :lol: I can't really speak to either as I have had no experience with launch vehicle or missile. In other words, "GoatGuy doesn't don't know much about art, but he knows what he likes".
I was just trying to build up O.S.O.K.'s confidence by having someome agree with him that he's aquired an ugly black pistol.

Self-esteem is sooo important.

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

I think you have a good fine pistol there. Good for you.

I've never found a Glock that was comfortable in my hands. I do like my XDs though. A G20 might be the only Glock I'd consider. Since there is no 10mm XD. I and several others keep bugging them for one though.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

O.S.O.K. wrote:
skinnygun wrote:O.S.O.K. you will now need a 10mm rifle and you have the bottom half... get a Mech Tech Unit fits on top and makes into a compact 10mm rifle .
Oh why did you tell me this? :?

I am familiar with the mechtech - but I didn't know they had 10mm versions... :shock:
Same here...anyone need a kidney? :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

KA-BOOM!
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

I had a Glock 17 for a while until I simply got bored with it. Gave it to my brother who loves it. I replaced it with my SA 1911-A1 45ACP and never looked back. Don't miss it at all.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.