What type of hat did Eastwood wear in Unforgiven?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
raven5
Levergunner

What type of hat did Eastwood wear in Unforgiven?

Post by raven5 »

I'm trying to find a hat in the style that Eastwood wore in Unforgiven. It looks similar to many Outback style hats, such as a Cattleman or Territory style, but I was wondering if any experts out there knew exactly what style this was, and maybe brim size.

Better yet, anyone have one like it?

http://www.avclub.com/assets/images/art ... rgiven.jpg
http://www.i-sd.com/Art_Museums/Moma_Mu ... n_1992.Jpg
http://www.gonemovies.com/WWW/WanadooFi ... given2.jpg
The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
- Samuel Adams, during Massachusetts' U.S. Constitution ratification convention, (1788)
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Re: What type of hat did Eastwood wear in Unforgiven?

Post by Mutt »

It appears to be a 4-5 inch brim , maybe a 5-6 inch center crush crown . Cut out the photo and show any good hatter and he or she can fix you right up. My hat is a 7 inch crown 4 inch brim and has a center front crease from the 7 height down to about 3 inches to the brim. Some folks call mine Montana style or Tom Mix although I think I've been wearing this style before names were applied . Getting old I reckon.
.I have to order mine as it seems all the stores now buy and sell only one style pre-shaped . I used to pick out one and get it shaped at the same time. There probably a page on the inter net you might find the sapes and names. Store called Tonto Rim has and sells many shapes and they are named in the catalog.....................Mutt
Captain America
Levergunner

Post by Captain America »

You might ask the Clint Eastwood forum if you are feeling lucky..do yah? :arrow: http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/
El Guapo
Levergunner

Post by El Guapo »

I wouldn't know but you might check out Miller Hats.com. I have a campaign hat that it top quality! "You better bury Ned right. You better not cut up or harm no whores, or I'll come back and kill every one of you S.O.B.s." Great film and great music.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Who knew there was an Eastwood forum?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Old Savage wrote:Who knew there was an Eastwood forum?
The better question might be -- Who cared there was an Eastwood forum.
ED
Yer never too old
Captain America
Levergunner

Post by Captain America »

Modoc ED wrote:
Old Savage wrote:Who knew there was an Eastwood forum?
The better question might be -- Who cared there was an Eastwood forum.
I wouldn't have cared or known either if I hadn't once been registered at a gun forum who was ran by a crazy guy who thought he was an expert on guns. He had ran off all the normal people and kept all the crazies who agreed with him. I didn't know this when I joined but it soon became apparent when we got into an argument over the make and model of a gun used in an Eastwood movie. They said it was this and I said it was that. That is when the crazy came out and they all attacked me.

So to out crazy them I punched in a few words and discovered the Eastwood forum and to my surprise they had talked about the same question. Oddly enough someone knew the Gun Wrangler on the Eastwood movie and contacted him to get the information.

So after presenting them with proof about the gun through links to the Gun Wrangler they decided he was a liar and his site was fake. So that is how I know about the Eastwood forum.
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by HEAD0001 »

I noticed that the hat was different also. It was brown in color. And it looked like the hat that some of the guys wore in Crocodile Dundee. It looked like one of the Australian hats to me also. I have a friend who went to Australia and he bought a hat that looked just like it. Tom.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Some similar styles by Akubra here: http://www.akubra.com.au/products_country.html
Sikeston Slinger
Levergunner

Post by Sikeston Slinger »

Raven:

I believe at one time I had a catalog from Ritch Rand (Rand Hats in Montana) that showed the Unforgiven hat. It seems like that page alluded to the fact they had made that hat. I think the website is randhats.com ? Here is a link to the hat (I don't know how to post links, but this is a paste to the link:

http://www.randhats.com/cgi-bin/randscat/75-Drover.html

Hope this helps,

Sikeston Slinger

8)
Liberty and Justice