Breakfast and shoot this Sunday the 5th of April

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bear 45/70

Breakfast and shoot this Sunday the 5th of April

Post by Bear 45/70 »

Blaine and I are meeting for breakfast Sunday at 10 AM at the Bremerton Airport Cafe for the Breakfast Buffet. Then going to shoot in Hoodsport afterwards. I know this is short notice but the weather will be great and we will be at a private range, no crowds. Anyone interested speak up.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Breakfast and shoot this Sunday the 5th of April

Post by Blaine »

I'll go...... :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

Very funny meathead. Image
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I'd go if I lived over...there :twisted: , but with such short notice and a ton of stuff to do around the place I'd better stay home.
Old Law Dawg
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

Maybe next time we can do a longer lead time and get more people to show up. In the past we have had as many as 10 people show up for these shoots. Anyone closer interested?
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Are you guys taking yer guns to the airport?
ED
Yer never too old
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

Modoc ED wrote:Are you guys taking yer guns to the airport?

Yes, since there is no law against it, regardless of what the security nazi's want you to believe. On top of that in Washington the sate preemption law prevents the port for saying no guns anyway. There is no Federal law against guns on the public side of security check points either. How would you be able to check your firearm with your luggage if it was illegal to have a gun at the airport in the ticketing area?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Washington, vis-a-vis firearms, is not THE most conservative state, but it ranks right at the top. Perfectly legal Open Carry and a couple different Rights Groups that ferret out the true meaning of laws. We are teaching LEO organizations what the LAW is as opposed to how the individual LEO thinks the law should be. No disrespect to our wonderful LEOs, just some of them see a gun and think the worst. Anyway, these are usually pretty good, informal shoots. Lot's of breakfast and lots of BSing and we kill many, many little white rocks and empty shot shells........Also, it's fun to watch Bear. Just like turning a monkey loose with a typewriter.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

BlaineG wrote:Washington, vis-a-vis firearms, is not THE most conservative state, but it ranks right at the top. Perfectly legal Open Carry and a couple different Rights Groups that ferret out the true meaning of laws. We are teaching LEO organizations what the LAW is as opposed to how the individual LEO thinks the law should be. No disrespect to our wonderful LEOs, just some of them see a gun and think the worst. Anyway, these are usually pretty good, informal shoots. Lot's of breakfast and lots of BSing and we kill many, many little white rocks and empty shot shells........Also, it's fun to watch Bear. Just like turning a monkey loose with a typewriter.

Except, much to Tubby's dismay I type a War and Peace masterpiece every time. Image
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

He meant to say "Warped Piece" :P

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

You're lucky my wife won't let me shoot you, even in the butt you old Image you. Image
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

If she let you shoot me, who would give you shooting lessons, and in general put up with you? :mrgreen: :P

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

BlaineG wrote:If she let you shoot me, who would give you shooting lessons, and in general put up with you? :mrgreen: :P

I've noticed that any woman closer than about 2000 miles distant, doesn't seem to want to put up with you. :roll: Remember fat boy, you started this.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Bear 45/70 wrote:

Yes, since there is no law against it, regardless of what the security nazi's want you to believe. On top of that in Washington the sate preemption law prevents the port for saying no guns anyway. There is no Federal law against guns on the public side of security check points either. How would you be able to check your firearm with your luggage if it was illegal to have a gun at the airport in the ticketing area?
There's always that one cop that may bust your chops and until he's done with ya, yer at his mercy. He can jail ya, confiscate what ya got, or whatever. Even if he's wrong yer gonna suffer until he's proven wrong. It drives home the thought that "just because you can, doesn't mean you should or it's a good idea to do so".

You can reply with all the bravado you want but deep down you know it's true. In any given circumstance some cop can make you jump at the end of his puppet string.

All I meant by my question was whether you were taking yer guns with ya to breakfast or swinging by yer palce after to get them.
ED
Yer never too old
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

Modoc ED wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

There's always that one cop that may bust your chops and until he's done with ya, yer at his mercy. He can jail ya, confiscate what ya got, or whatever. Even if he's wrong yer gonna suffer until he's proven wrong. It drives home the thought that "just because you can, doesn't mean you should or it's a good idea to do so".

You can reply with all the bravado you want but deep down you know it's true. In any given circumstance some cop can make you jump at the end of his puppet string.

All I meant by my question was whether you were taking yer guns with ya to breakfast or swinging by yer palce after to get them.

Yeah he can, but he and his department will end up paying out the nose when Blaine and my lawyer finishes with them. We happen to be shootin' buddies with the king of stopping cops and PD's from over stepping their bounds lawyer. Besides that, last Sunday did the buffet with the wife and youngest daughter. I Open Carried, right in front of a half a dozen Washington State Patrol Troopers and they never even batted an eyelash. The interesting thing is in over 2 years of Open Carry everyday I have only be approached by one officer and since I had just reentered my truck, he asked for my Conceal Carry Permit, since that is required to carry a firearm in a car here. But other than that, nothing, nada, zilch, etc in the way of harassment from anyone.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

BlaineG wrote:He meant to say "Warped Piece" :P
I think he meant "whirled peas".

I could probably make the shoot if I were to be placed atop a ballistic missle and launched within the next 3 hours.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:
BlaineG wrote:He meant to say "Warped Piece" :P
I think he meant "whirled peas".

I could probably make the shoot if I were to be placed atop a ballistic missle and launched within the next 3 hours.

We have lots of big water around here for you to land in. There is even a boat in the water I can use to pick you up. Image
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

Blaine and I did breakfast, then hit Wally World for some ammo and we hit the range. Of course we had the place to ourselves. What's the point of being at a private range if you have to share. Griz showed up about 1:30. Blaine tried out his Marlin 1894 in 218 Bee. Seemed to be sighted in and grouped nicely for open sights. He also shot his Marlin 39A Mountie, Ruger Single Six, his airweight 22 and his 357 carry gun. Griz brought a 45 XD and a baby 9mm as backup. He shot his Marlin 39A also. The his marlin 1895G. I broke out the Marlin 37 pump 22, it worked flawlessly this time. Last time out it had some failure to feed issues. A little extra cleaning and some lube solve it. I also shot my Mossberg 46B(b) 22. Like the target rifle it is, it shot tight groups and hit whatever target I pointed it at. I shot my H&R 649 and my Cenier 22 conversion kit on my Springfield Champion. I had a surprise on Saturday when the gunsmith called and said my H&R 1871 "Buffalo Classic was done. So I took it along. Griz tried it first and spun the gong 360° around the cross piece it was hanging from with the second round. The old 4X scope not only looks good but works well. We are thinking of doing this again soon and bringing along all the BBQ gear and have a range picnic while we are at it.

kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Good on you guys. Glad you enjoyed yourselves. This years probably going to kill me with building a shop, remodeling the kitchen and possibly adding a garage, but I'd like to go shooting with you guys some time. Blaine and I have talked about this a couple of times in the past. This coming Saturday I'm going up to the Tonasket shoot and meeting Wind and hopefully Geoff. I'm sure we'll all have something to report back. So long as the other guys shooting don't mind having their pictures taken.
Old Law Dawg
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sounds like you guys had a better day than I. But, then it wouldn't have taken much... I had to work! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

We will try for longer lead times in the future. We did the BBQ thing several years ago and it was great fun and good food. Will try for a month or so lead time for the BBQ picnic shoot. We also discussed doing shoots every 2 weeks or so. Maybe we can come up with a schedule of some sort.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Like I told Bear and Grizz, you couldn't slap the smile off my face today. The Bee was shooting into the bull of a Ranch Dog Target at 50-60 yds. We had a little 6" gong hung at the same distance and shooting off hand with the Single Six and 39M, I couldn't really miss it much. My little 317 AirLite .22 was hitting minute of little white rock and piece of wood at self defense ranges. With a scope and a Happy Trigger, that Bee is going to be a real tack driver! :wink:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

BlaineG wrote:Like I told Bear and Grizz, you couldn't slap the smile off my face today. The Bee was shooting into the bull of a Ranch Dog Target at 50-60 yds. We had a little 6" gong hung at the same distance and shooting off hand with the Single Six and 39M, I couldn't really miss it much. My little 317 AirLite .22 was hitting minute of little white rock and piece of wood at self defense ranges. With a scope and a Happy Trigger, that Bee is going to be a real tack driver! :wink:

If the shooter stays up to the task. :lol: