Living off the land - In Detroit !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Living off the land - In Detroit !

Post by crs »

Here is a link to a story of what many of us may be doing to feed ourselves under Obama rule. A short, good read.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090402 ... mpering+by
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Living off the land - In Detroit !

Post by Hillbilly »

Easy enough to belive. Detroit and Flint are ghost towns compared to what they were in the 1950's.. and the region has been in steady decline for 30 years.

It's not uncommon to see deer inside a city of 15,000 or larger in Michigan. My last stint in the Great Lakes State was in Midland... coyotes and deer were easier to see at any of the city parks than out at my place -- 6 miles out in the township.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
gumpond
Levergunner

Post by gumpond »

Ya'll don't already eat that way? What's wrong with that? :D

It was a good article though I thought the reporter was disrespectful and a little arrogant in the disrespect.

I liked the quote and will use it, "Starvation is cheap."

Check the blog below. I hope to continue eating.........

Thanks,
Greg
"Starvation is cheap." Glemie Dean Beasley
BlueStateSaint
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BlueStateSaint »

My parents live in a city north of Albany NY (Saratoga Springs), in a subdivision about 3 miles outside the city. They had a fairly good-sized deer in their backyard two weeks ago. There's a NYSDEC tree farm not too far away, but DEC keeps the fence secure, so they're not sure how the visibly confused animal got there. But, with the way that the deer population has been ever-increasing there, they're not too surprised.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Isn't that double standard? :lol:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tennessee Hayre »

Most would say he was sick to eat those things, but here in Tennessee we eat possums coons, groundhogs. GOOOOOOOOD
The Ultimate Authority resides in the people and that if the Federal Goverment got too powerful and over stepped it's authority then the people would develope plans of resistance and resort to arms" _____________________________________James Madison_______

Retired Military
Life Member NRA
Defender Second Amendment
Constitution Party Member
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

The local board of health is going to be all over that fellow for sure.
There is nothing that scares and enrages the people in power more than self-sufficiency.
The current system thrives on dependancy and sloth.

Jack
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Growing up in Lander WY (not the best veg/ag climate) our house & garage sat on 2 lots. We had about 3/4 lot worth of tillable ground and made good use of it during the lean years of the late 70s/early 80s.

I think out family of 5 gave away/traded about as much produce as we ate... and bought very little from the store...

IIRC some Lib/Eco/Sustainable Ag group says .17 acre is enough to feed one person if you aren't 100% veg (add 50% for Veg-only). That's not hard to do unless you are in an apartment/condo/townhouse (like I am).
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

I like that guy.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Being a trucker and knowing that our nation runs on Just In Time delivery... think of the chaos that would ensue if the trucks came to a stop. NYC, LA, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago... lot of canibalism likely to happen. Glad I'm a country boy. :lol:
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

I seem to recall having read that story some time in the past. I did like this quote: "Coon or rabbit. God put them there to eat." Someone or some THING will eat them eventually.
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

DBW wrote:Being a trucker and knowing that our nation runs on Just In Time delivery... think of the chaos that would ensue if the trucks came to a stop. NYC, LA, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago... lot of canibalism likely to happen. Glad I'm a country boy. :lol:
Couldn't happen to nicer folks...

I hear Vegan Liberals aren't quite as hard to render as McDonald's fed PoFolk...

That's what I'm telling the southsiders anyway. Let 'em eat on the Gold Coast...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Senior Levergunner

Re: I live in Detroit

Post by 2571 »

What's so peculiar or noteworthy about this practice or this story? Normal behavior around here although he's kinda old for hunting.

.22 leverguns favored for urban hunting here.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

It's sad that self sufficiency has become noteworthy.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Jacko
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jacko »

Condecending is the kindest words I have for the tone of that reporters article , why must Journalist's berate what they have no understanding of ?

regards Jacko