Marlin 30AW

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Captain America
Levergunner

Marlin 30AW

Post by Captain America »

I was told that you guys were all budding young geniuses and could help me with any answer pertaining to lever action rifles. :wink:
I inherited a Marlin 30 30 lever action rifle with 30AW on the barrel. I then got to wondering what the AW stood for. So when I didn't get a satisfactory answer I called the company the company and was told it meant nothing, "just part of the model number" they said and they were adamant about it. Could they possibly be wrong?
And yes I know it was a no frills model but why would they put a letter on the model number if it meant nothing.
Thanks for any and all answers.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Marlin 30AW

Post by Blaine »

Welcome to the fire, Sir......About the best I can do is that A&W was some pretty good root beer.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Captain America
Levergunner

BlaineG wrote:Welcome to the fire, Sir......About the best I can do is that A&W was some pretty good root beer.
I will add that too, American Walnut, At Walmart, and Almost Winchester. :mrgreen:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Captain America wrote:I was told that you guys were all budding young geniuses and could help me with any answer pertaining to lever action rifles. :wink:
I inherited a Marlin 30 30 lever action rifle with 30AW on the barrel. I then got to wondering what the AW stood for. So when I didn't get a satisfactory answer I called the company the company and was told it meant nothing, "just part of the model number" they said and they were adamant about it. Could they possibly be wrong?
And yes I know it was a no frills model but why would they put a letter on the model number if it meant nothing.
Thanks for any and all answers.
Whoever called us young hadn't hung out here much. However, this old fanny burp welcomes you.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

There's more than one Marlin professor here and someone will come along shortly.

Welcome to the forum.
Old Law Dawg
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tennessee Hayre »

Maybe the lib's are responsable. My guess it means Auto Weapon.
The Ultimate Authority resides in the people and that if the Federal Goverment got too powerful and over stepped it's authority then the people would develope plans of resistance and resort to arms" _____________________________________James Madison_______

Retired Military
Life Member NRA
Defender Second Amendment
Constitution Party Member
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

:lol: :lol: such a helpful bunch of guys....
Chad
Captain America
Levergunner

Tennessee Hayre wrote:Maybe the lib's are responsable. My guess it means Auto Weapon.
Or Assault Weapon
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

I believe it was just one of their many designations for a birch stocked economy grade gun of one configuration or other.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Almost Walnut?? Welcome to the fire!! :D
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Leverdude wrote:I believe it was just one of their many designations for a birch stocked economy grade gun of one configuration or other.
:roll: Nah...that can't be it :lol: :lol: Makes too much sense. :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV