Primer prices

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Primer prices

Post by Catshooter »

Gentlemen,

Think about it. Today is the 29th of March, how long ago was the election? Is demand getting less, or is it getting more?

In the five months since the sock monkey was elected I think demand has increased dramtically, as shown by the prices. Don't you?

CCI is backlogged in Large Rifle primers by ninety four million? And that's just LR.

Do we think that backlog is going to go away when, this year? Hornaday's web site says they are four to six months behind in their bullet production.

My opinion is that the price climb/shortages we are seeing now may be all gone in three to four years. That is if inflation doesn't raise prices even further.

I'm not much good at predicting the future, but I did see this coming back when Bush was re-elected. That's when I started really stocking up and I haven't bought components for two years now. The only things I'm buying for is for something I didn't have before like my .38-55 that I'm building.

So I agree: Buy it if you see it 'cause it ain't gonna get cheaper soon!

Cat