OT- Wish me luck

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Backwoods
Levergunner

OT- Wish me luck

Post by Backwoods »

Hey guys,

It looks like I'm going to be taking it easy for a while. I fell off a ladder from 16' high and broke my C-7, and T-4 vertebrae and got cut up pretty bad. I guess I'll have lot's of time to clean my guns.

Wish me luck on a speady recovery.

Dave
"We do not go to the verdant green woods and crystal clear waters to rough it...we go to smooth it. We get things rough enough at home! - George Washington Sears- a.k.a- NESSMUK
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

OUCH!
Hope you recover soon.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

OUCH!!!

Dave, that sounds like the klutzy things I do. Well, it's time to soak up all the sympathy you can from the women in your life. Rest a lot, heal up, and then go dirty them guns up.

Take care of yourself.

Joe
Backwoods
Levergunner

Post by Backwoods »

Thanks WCF3030

It just stinks.....this is my favorite time of year, the doc says maybe 4-6 weeks before I can do any seroius work, hiking, lifting etc...

Dave
"We do not go to the verdant green woods and crystal clear waters to rough it...we go to smooth it. We get things rough enough at home! - George Washington Sears- a.k.a- NESSMUK
Backwoods
Levergunner

Post by Backwoods »

Yeah Joe.....I actually broke the ladder. I guess I should have stuck with the "Leverguns.com new years resolution weight loss plan" LOL

Dave
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Dave,

No, you're looking at it wrong. You didn't break the ladder, the ladder broke and caused you to fall. There, see, it's not your fault.

As for the weight loss thing, I've managed to loose a whole 4 pounds ..... whoopee. But I'm still trying.

Joe
Backwoods
Levergunner

Post by Backwoods »

:lol:
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Man, that hurts just reading about it. Get well soon, and most importantly, don't rush it...things really go bad when you start to feel a little better, over do it and mess things up again. Been there, done that, have the tee shirt. Take it slow and easy. Hey, where abouts are you, my guns could use a good going over! :wink:
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Get well soon!! and after that be carefull!!! 8)
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sorry to hear about your fall.

This year was going to be a productive one for me, at least it was on paper. I have two, two year old quarter horse geldings that I'm breaking and they were going to get a lot of attention this summer.

Back in November of '06 I go to the Orthopedic Surgeon with problems in my right shoulder. He says I have classic long head bicep symptoms. I said okay let's get it fixed. I'd gone through a ruptured long head bicep about five years ago. He says he can't just fix it, although it's the right thing to do, he has to try alternative, less invasive treatments. I tell him I don't want to be healing during the summer. Two cortizone shots later surgery is scheduled, April 9th.

I had the surgery and that put me out of commission for three months. Right at the start of summer. De-compression, arthritic spurs, detach and reattach my long head bicep tendon.

It's still giving me problems. I won't be in decent shape for a year. It has taken me almost five years to get my left shoulder feeling quasi-normal.

Couldn't do anything as it hurt like hell. Couldn't hardly walk around let alone shoot anything, clean anything. do anything.

Sooooo, I know what your going through. Just do it right and don't push it to fast.
Old Law Dawg
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

best of whishes for a speedy recovery!
Backwoods
Levergunner

Post by Backwoods »

kimwcook...Thanks, and I hope you fell better as well.

Dave
Backwoods
Levergunner

Post by Backwoods »

Thanks guys
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Get well soon. And don't mess around, back injuries are difficult to rebound from.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery!
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Don't forget to thank the big guy upstairs. :wink:
16' thats quite a fall, could have been much worse. :shock:
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Yessir....bestwishes and prayers offered up.
Backwoods
Levergunner

Post by Backwoods »

Thanks everyone....ya'll are good folks!
Hanz
Levergunner

Post by Hanz »

Hang in there!

Maybe you can get some reloading done.

Take it slow and watch out for the pain meds. :)
Backwoods
Levergunner

Post by Backwoods »

Hanz....

Where are you on the Island? I have customers on the Island....
I travel to Jericho at least twice a month. Maybe when I get up and running you and I can meet up for a cup of joe or something?

Dave
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

You guys might remember my BIL fell 20 feet out of a tree and landed on his back. Fortunately he'd broken up the hardpan sand and it was relatively soft. This pic is immediately after and the "halo" is gone but right now he's still bound up as they had to do reconstructive surgery on his shoulder. It has been more than a year. A fall is a terrible thing.

I'm happy you're are alive to post. A young man, former next door neighbor of my mother's, was a Marine stationed in Barstow, CA. He fell a similar distance and is now buried down the road from her house. We can't know the how or why I suppose but I've faith there is a reason...

Hang in there and don't rush things. We'll keep you in our prayers.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

Backwoods, pretend youre on vacation.
And all your guns are dirty :D
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Heal well friend!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Backwoods
Levergunner

Post by Backwoods »

Thanks so much guys.....!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Sorry about your accident. Get well soon.
Backwoods
Levergunner

Post by Backwoods »

Ted,

I have family in Canton and St.Patrick MO in the Northeast pat of the state. I would love to get out there sometime to hunt deer.

I might come out this spring to the Black Widow Bows instinctive shooting clinic which is in May....I can't recall what part of the state thats in.

Anyway...thanks.

Dave
canonsix
Levergunner 2.0

Post by canonsix »

Take care and heal soon, prayers up for you and yours Doug
a armed man is his own master
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Let's hope this clears up with no complications.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Backwoods
Levergunner

Post by Backwoods »

Thanks guys
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Hobie, my view is we are here on assignment - this is a duty station. Those gone have returned to base.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Backwoods...You must be good friends with G-D. A fall like that is deadly. That you came out of it with only a busted butt (Cocyxx) and the high shoulder spine injury is either a tribute to your athletic ability or the grace of G-D. Probably both! It must be awful to sit down-lol.
One of my Kenpo students had a street fight with several guys & won his fight, but recieved a hammer fist to the tail bone, which broke it nearly in half & he couldn't sit down for 6 months. After surgery, the poor guy finally came back to training 9 mos. later. Needless to say, he is a changed man, you will be too. He doesn't do his old tricks anymore, much more respectful, he is. (Yoda).
You are in my prayers, good time for reading & reflection-eh? You can on ly do so much gun cleaning & reloading.
Heal up well Pard! :wink:

LeverBob
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

Backwoods;
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. At the same time, I am glad to hear of your good fortune as things obviously could have been much worse with such a fall.
Prayers for a complete and speedy recovery are being lifted for you.
PPpastordon
gunslinger598
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gunslinger598 »

Yes Sir, you can be mighty thankful is wasn't worse.

2 weeks ago a co worker of my wifes , her husband fell off a shed roof and was killed. They work at the hospital he was brought into. Most folks there knew him so it was a tough time for all that day.

Make sure you are prayed up.
AQHA Life Member
Backwoods
Levergunner

Post by Backwoods »

Thanks everyone
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Yeah, a busted tailbone hurts. Broke mine in middle school. OUCH!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

I'm sure sorry to hear this. Hope you get better real soon.

God bless.
Woodtroll
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Woodtroll »

Dave,

You will certainly be in our prayers. Best wishes for a speedy revovery! I can sure sympathize with you, too- I'm currently off work with a mangled finger, from a run-in with a table saw. No fun being off and not being able to shoot, is it?

I hope you heal quickly and well!

Take care, Regan
Running the ridges and rivers of Virginia's southern Appalachians