OT: New Uberti SA For Christmas

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Harmonica
Levergunner

OT: New Uberti SA For Christmas

Post by Harmonica »

For Christmas, my brother gave me this new Uberti Cattleman NM .45 Colt 4 3/4" after seeing me admiring it at the local gun shop. I haven't fired it yet but hope to soon. A couple pics I took....
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Had one w/ a 5 1/2" barrel. Super shooter. That's another one I wish I hadn't sold!

Have fun!!!

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

oooh, perty.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Very sharp :wink:
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Nice! Now that is a good brother, you might want to keep him around.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

sweet

Post by rjohns94 »

Very nice. Wish you years of happiness
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Can I get adopted into your family? :wink:

Congratulations!!! :D
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Tell your brother that you have this friend named Bogie who likes that gun too! :wink:

Very nice!

bogie
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Very nice! Congrats! :D
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Congrats Harmonica! I have 2 of the Cimarron imported Uberti's, Good six-shooters. Mine got a work-out at the range this morning with a bunch of factory loads I had. They both really like the Ultra Max 250 grain Cowboy loads. If you don't already have a pet load give 'em a try.
Harmonica
Levergunner

Post by Harmonica »

Before dark tonight, I went out back and shot it for the first time. Just the Cowboy Loads but used a leftover uncarved pumpkin from Halloween as a target on top of a brush pile and put 6 big holes through it. It was actually the first time I'd ever shot a single action and there were a few steps and clicks to get familiar with unlike the modern revolvers but it's a sweet shooter. Not much recoil either but they were just the Cowboy Loads too. That gun was heavily oiled down too when it came out of the box.
Preacher
Levergunner

Post by Preacher »

Glad to hear you like it! It is always nice to hear real world results and not have to rely on "professional" reviews.

I am attempting to find my Xmas present but can't find them in stock.

A local dealer said he would order them for me so I may just do that....

A matched set of Uberti Hombre .357mag SA pistols. I want to get sequential serials if possible. Seems like a lot of gun for the price!!
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Congratulations on your new Uberti. If it shoots half as well as my Uberti Flat Top Target, you are going to love it for a long, long time.

Since you mention that this is your first SA experience, let me remind you of the only truly safe way to carry a Colt clone. Always carry with an empty chamber under the hammer, and the hammer all the way down. Open the loading gate, pull the hammer to half cock. Load one round, skip one chamber, load 4 more. Close the gate and bring the hammer to full cock, then lower the hammer all the way down on the empty chamber. You can verify it's empty by looking from the side.

Now, if you're in the street in front of the Longbranch at high noon, just about to shoot it out with Johnny Ringo, go ahead and load six. Otherwise, 5 can save you a lot of potential grief.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A really good lookin' revolver. I'm green with envy!!
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Harmonica
Levergunner

Post by Harmonica »

Pisgah wrote:Congratulations on your new Uberti. If it shoots half as well as my Uberti Flat Top Target, you are going to love it for a long, long time.

Since you mention that this is your first SA experience, let me remind you of the only truly safe way to carry a Colt clone. Always carry with an empty chamber under the hammer, and the hammer all the way down. Open the loading gate, pull the hammer to half cock. Load one round, skip one chamber, load 4 more. Close the gate and bring the hammer to full cock, then lower the hammer all the way down on the empty chamber. You can verify it's empty by looking from the side.

Now, if you're in the street in front of the Longbranch at high noon, just about to shoot it out with Johnny Ringo, go ahead and load six. Otherwise, 5 can save you a lot of potential grief.
Definitely the main thing to know about a single action! :D