Reloading - tool organizer (pics)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Reloading - tool organizer (pics)

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I have been trying to clean up the basement a bit and get more organized over the Christmas-New Year's holidays. Was putting stuff away in my reloading bench/cabinet, and took out my case-length/cartridge-length gages and trimmer arbors. Thought you guys might like how I organized them:

These tackle-box type organizers are just great. This one is fully adjustable, and I really took advantage of that to put all of these tools in one handy container! :D
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Hey, that's pretty keen. I may have to try that with my case trimmers and misc. stuff. :)
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

looking good. :D
DAV life member.
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

Well duh, :oops:

I've used tackle boxes for years to store small gun parts(arrow fletching equipment, bow parts) and other small tools. My wife uses those kind of boxes all the time for her beadwork supplies. Still, I never thought of using them for that. It sure would beat the old check box I currently have my trimming pilots/collets just piled in.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I got a tackle box for Christmas that's gonna become my cleaning kit for guns. It is of the bigger style that splits open and has room at the bottom for the aeresol cans and cleaning rods, and the shelves will get all the patches, bristles and such.

Thanks for sharing Kid.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Ravenman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ravenman »

Looking good but how is the rest of the reloading room?
That's my loading place.

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That reloading room and bench already looks pretty darn organized to me! I've seen worse - mainly in other posts here!!! :wink:

I use these boxes for all kinds of things. I also keep a lot of cleaning supplies in them. Archery stuff, spare magazines. Even have a few deep, single-compartment ones in the safe holding handguns I rarely shoot. I have purchased them for my wife for her sewing supplies and the kids for various small toys (can you say Legos?). A cheap way to tame the clutter!!! :D
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

It changes from time to time but this is pretty close to how my little corner of heaven looks.

My ammo storage...

My "bench"...

My component storage...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

Ravenman,

Nice setup!

Maybe you could tell us sometime which Norma powders you use in your lever guns.
Ravenman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ravenman »

homefront wrote:Ravenman,

Nice setup!

Maybe you could tell us sometime which Norma powders you use in your lever guns.
I use the Norma N 201 for 30-30 Winchester (125 grs and 150grs bullets) Norma 202 for 30-30 Winchester (150grs. and 170grs. bullets). Norma 200 for the 375 Winchester (target loads 200grs. and 220grs.) and Norma N204 (150grs. and 165grs.) and Norma MRP (180grs. and 200grs.) for 30.06 out of my 1895.
Load about 80% of my rifle (223 Remington to 458 Winchester Magnum) reloads with Norma powder.
Ravenman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ravenman »

Hobie,
Think you will not running dry!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Just goes to show you, there is no such thing as "too much ammo"...

or too many reloading supplies...

or too many firearms...

or, well, the list goes on and on! :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Love those little boxes - Some "tackle boxes" will hold a set of four of them, too, to group say 'cleaning stuff' or 'blackpowder stuff' - got one that holds four plastic trays like that, and has space in the end for upright aerosol cans or powder or solvents or whatever.

Sometime get one of those little mini-typewriters that prints only labels, too - they stay on better than some of those plastic labels. Got one for $19 at an office supply place.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote: Sometime get one of those little mini-typewriters that prints only labels, too - they stay on better than some of those plastic labels. Got one for $19 at an office supply place.
I will need to do that this weekend. I am tired of my plastic labels coming off!!! :x

Thanks! :D
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

You guys make me feel bad! But not bad enough to organize my bench any better! Too much stuff crammed into my small space, which also holds my gun safes, and work bench!
3 safes, 8' bench, 30 some dies, lubrisizer and 40 some dies, dozens of molds, dozens of case neck expanders, casting equipment, 5'x4'x2' four drawer cabinet full of bullets, primers, powder, and brass, 6' tall ammo locker, about 50 soft and hard cases, and tons of used and new gun parts!
(then there's the shop!)
I don't even want to post a picture! :oops:
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/