Gunshow on a University campus!!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Gunshow on a University campus!!!!

Post by Dastook »

I had a death in the family so I have been spending some time back in Pocatello, Id. I was very pleased and surprised to go to a gun show. Surprisingly to me it was on the Idaho State campus in the student union building. What a pleasant experience. I have lived away from home for so long I about forgot what it is like. It was a pretty good show. They truly had a lot of old levers. I thought they weren't priced to bad either. It was a fairly small show but it was fun to go to.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.
runfiverun
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Gunshow on a University campus!!!!

Post by runfiverun »

i was at that same show show i thought all the levers were about double what they should have been considerring the condition they were in.
it was also the most crowded show [on sat] that i have ever been to.
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

You should go to the Wasilla gun show, where the show is held in the halls, commons and gym of the local high school. Or, come to the Fall or Spring Gun Show at the Patty Gym, which is held on the UAF campus. It's cool to see people walking out of the doors carrying a gun they bought inside, or walking in with a gun they want to trade or sell. I bet those shows get under some people's skin.
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dastook »

runfiverun wrote:i was at that same show show i thought all the levers were about double what they should have been considering the condition they were in.
it was also the most crowded show [on sat] that i have ever been to.

I hear ya, I was there on Sat. also. It was crowded.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

I remember, when I was a kid, gun shows were held in the local ARNG armory. I can't see that happening today.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Our Oregon Arms Collectors gun show is held in the Nat. Gurad Armory every month, as are many other gun shows around Oregon. The Guard said gun shows are their best renters, as they don't tear the place up, and they pay on time.

http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

marlinman93 wrote:Our Oregon Arms Collectors gun show is held in the Nat. Gurad Armory every month, as are many other gun shows around Oregon. The Guard said gun shows are their best renters, as they don't tear the place up, and they pay on time.

How do they get around the "No privately-owned firearms on government property" thing?
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

You forget! National Guard is state level, not federal level. They don't fall under the same rules as Army, etc.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!