OT (kind of) - What do you NEED to buy?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT (kind of) - What do you NEED to buy?

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Well, we've asked the question here every few months about what you want to get for your next levergn/gun in general, and what you'd get if you could get anything and money wasn't an object. Here's another twist on it. Given the results of the election last year, and the "stunning" (sarcasm on FULL) first month Obama has had in office, what firearm, supplies, and/or accessories do you think you NEED to pick up this year, "just in case"?

Me, I think I need to pick up a lot more ammo, and some high-cap magazines for several "items". Tons (almost literally) of primers and powder too.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT (kind of) - What do you NEED to buy?

Post by awp101 »

Weapons-wise I'm set, maybe even content. Maybe. :wink:

Powder, primers, brass, bullets, ammo, more mags for the G19, 5906, Witness (both cals), additional uppers for the Witness and just minor accessories like scope mounts and scopes for a couple of items.

Might need another .22 or two of various flavors, a few Contender barrels, the SMLE and P14 wildcat projects are certainly on my mind as well as maybe a Witness Elite Match or Hunter. And a cz83 in .32ACP! :mrgreen:
Last edited by awp101 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

ditto. I've got more guns than I can use (well, had, before that horrible boating accident) and trade fodder too. I need more ammo and a few more mags. I bought mags for guns I don't have after November, I don't feel a bit silly about it now.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

A few thousand more SP primers, another couple of kegs of 2400 and a keg or two of LiLgun.

Otherwise, I'm not too bad off.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
HATCHETTJACK
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HATCHETTJACK »

i need a 12 gauge shotgun, dont know what kind tho... something that will shoot 00 buckshot decent
WATCH YOUR TOP KNOT
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I want LOTS of everything. Need is another matter.

I seriously do need some more reloading components.
Old Law Dawg
rhead
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rhead »

:D I need a 9422. That space between my mod 39 mountie and my BLR22 (across from my Henry) looks like a open sore. It needs to be filled. Another case or so of long rifles would also be nice.
The man who invented the plow was not bored. He was hungry.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Like most, I have what I need, firearms wise. But, I, also, should buy more reloading supplies. I look at what I have and think, I can't possibly ever use all this. Then I think, maybe not, but I have sons. That is a sobering thought.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I pretty much got my "gun NEEDS" covered. What I got will take care of any kind of shooting I'll be interested in doing.

What I "need" is more components. Mostly bullets and powder.
But I'm limited on space as well as finances so we'll see how it goes.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

It's tough to differentiate betweeen need and want! For leverguns, I would like to get a Marlin TDS, a 9422, a 16" Rossi , several old Winchesters (Pre WW1) in .25-20, .32-30, .38-55, etc. (and a whole bunch more numbers, like 1873, 1886,...). Given the political situation, I need to pick up a SAS-12 or Saika, SKS, AK-47, a few AR-15 lowers and uppers, an Fn 5.7 and companion upper (and military ammo for it), a couple high cap pistols and extra mags, a Mini-30, an AR-10, plus a few others that I'm sure I would come up with if I took more time. It may be the last opportunity I will have to own any of those weapons. A few thousand rounds of ammo for them all, plus about 20,000 primers, bullets and powder to support. And a Dillon 650 as well.

Havong said all of that, If I had to live with what I now own, I could make do. :wink:
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

I pretty much have what I NEED.

I'm going to buy another rifle in .30-06 soon. Don't know just which one yet. Probably a Remington Model 700 but if my local gun dealer can get me a Browning BLR, I might just go for it.

However, I will continue to buy loaded ammo and reloading components.

I've been shooting since the 1950s and over all those years I've accumulated all sorts of things. Magazines, sights, firing pins, and other various and sundry things associated with shooting. All good stuff to have on hand for trading.
ED
Yer never too old
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I need an AR-10 and about a pallet of 7.62NATO. A large amount of .22LR and 12ga.
A good .45acp with lots of ammo to go with it.
Last edited by Andrew on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I'm good, perhaps maybe some more bullets for .45 schofield, but I think I am good, for a very long time
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Modoc Ed- Olde West Guns & Loan in Redding, CA has a NIB Repo Win. 1895 in '06 and if I remember correctly it is the Browning with no tang safety! Priced at around $1,000 and comes with free style points not available with the BLR. :D

Shasta

B.O. Stinks
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

As far as reloading components go, I've made arrangements for most of my needs in the last couple weeks with folks that HAVE what I need. If I wasn't on call I could go pick it all up tonight. The only things I still need to get coming are 300 savage brass(200 should do), 150 gr .308 bullets for same(same amount), then 38-55 bullets from Dave. I'm stocked with most everything else for at least a couple years.

Firearms, I'm only looking at (maybe) a lightweight commander in 45. Not a need, but a want.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Given yesterday's press conference where the current Administration very predictably has announced the planned reinstatement of Clinton's so-called "Assault Weapons Ban" -

Weather and moisture proof gun storage bags and dessicant, as sold by Brownells, and appropriate gun treatment media for long-term storage (say, 4 years). Especially if you own a Big Black Gun or whatever they are called.

'Nuff said.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Probably just more reloading supplies and perhaps some more hi-caps for my AR and Glocks.
NRA Life Member
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I need a 2000 acre (or more) retreat with a fully energy and water independent home which will withstand 0400 raids long enough to close the hidden security rooms... :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

Like most here, I have all the guns that I need, and most of what I want.
I do have a .22 pistol on my short list and maybe another Winchester 1895, but those are strictly wants.
For centerfire ammo and components, I'm still buying primers, powder, and lead to cast bullets and expect to add another couple of years' supply to what I already have.

I'm way low on .22 rimfire ammo though and need to lay in a couple or four cases real soon.
I have considered selling one of the EBRs just to stock up on .22s.
Stocking up on .22 ammo seems to be the most sensible hedge against the rampant inflation that seems likely to happen when the trillion dollar chickens come home to roost.

Jack
Backwoods
Levergunner

Post by Backwoods »

If any one has a SOCOM 16 they want to part with in the Northeast...I'd be interested.

Other than that, just ammo, lot's of ammo.
"We do not go to the verdant green woods and crystal clear waters to rough it...we go to smooth it. We get things rough enough at home! - George Washington Sears- a.k.a- NESSMUK
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

The only firearm I need is Marlin in .357 to side my Colt. I do need a bunch more powder of various flavors and bullets,primers and lead.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

a ranch....a good horse...and a model 92 src in 44-40
and a bunch of ammo
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

As far as guns go, I'm probably covered with what I have. Don't mean I don't want more. I don't own a EBR, and I watched a show on TV the other day were they covered the Camp Perry matches. Looked like something I'd like to try.

I'd really like to find a good supply of lead for casting though. I'm just trying to get started and I've only got a couple of hundred pounds. Like most of us I'd like to lay in some more powder and primers and I don't think you can have too many .22s.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

All I really need to do is get tang sights installed on my 336's. I bought the sights themselves in December, on sale.

Then I will be pretty much set, in fact, I should get rid of a few. Though there's no hurry.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
BlueStateSaint
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BlueStateSaint »

Ammo! .30-30, for starters. Then, a rifle that my wife can carry, and something along the lines of what Hobie said (I'd settle for 1000 acres, though). :)

Backwoods, where in Upstate NY are you?
rhead
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rhead »

Hobie wrote:I need a 2000 acre (or more) retreat with a fully energy and water independent home which will withstand 0400 raids long enough to close the hidden security rooms... :wink:
:D That farm is owned by that other guy who looks a little like you. The well known liberal anti gunner who supports the ACLU and is an avid PETA member.
He knows about you and acknowledges the family resemblance but his side of the family refers to your side as "OH THEM", and doesn't really know where you went.:D
The man who invented the plow was not bored. He was hungry.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

I need a Marlin 39, and that will do it for me. Started on ammo big time about 10 years ago, glad I did.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Nothing--I'm an old head of 54-----------------well, on second thought, I still have the urge for an original 1886 in 50-100-450 but as only about 200 were made, its in my dreams.----------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Backwoods
Levergunner

Post by Backwoods »

BlueStateSaint wrote:Ammo! .30-30, for starters. Then, a rifle that my wife can carry, and something along the lines of what Hobie said (I'd settle for 1000 acres, though). :)

I live in the Northwest part of Delaware County, Catskill Mountains.
"We do not go to the verdant green woods and crystal clear waters to rough it...we go to smooth it. We get things rough enough at home! - George Washington Sears- a.k.a- NESSMUK
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

BlueStateSaint wrote:Ammo! .30-30, for starters. Then, a rifle that my wife can carry, and something along the lines of what Hobie said (I'd settle for 1000 acres, though). :)

A .30-30 should fill the bill nicely for your wife.
ED
Yer never too old
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

(Read My Lips :wink: ) No More Guns For Me.
It's all about feeding the ones I have.

Actually I need to prepare myself both Mentally and monitarily
for next yr. when the rate caps come off of electricity. :shock: :(
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

The only thing I feel I need are a few more cases of 22lr ammo. I still have an extensive list of wants, no shortage there.
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

It actually occurred to me, watching this dog and pony show between Holder and Pelosi, that they could have thought, "well, they already have a lot of guns, if we do actually ban them again like last time it will be decades before we can get them all... a few more isn't going to really change anything. How about we cause a lot of them to go out and use all their spare money to buy stuff now, so they have no money left for the big "X" we have planned for next week."
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I need more reloading stuff --- anything - brass, projectiles, primers, powders

I just got started reloading and havent built up a nice collection yet

Hi Cap magazines for a couple of firearms, and

I want, an 1895-almost any calibre will do , a Guide Gun in 45-70, a bird's head SA Beretta Stampede and a 10mm 1911 variant of some sort ---- anybody have a spare 5 grand to loan me ?? :D
----- Doug
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

new refrig, stove, freezer build a small garage 30x40 two story buy more food, fuel, wood to heat with and Iet me think on that
a few more muzzle loaders as they are fun to shoot
some primers, more powder, more lead, some mags and more ammo waiting on $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
model 92 in 357 mag cause I always wanted one (on layaway)
tc contender in .256 win mag just a fun caliber that is over looked
another 1886 in 45-70( waiting to pay off layaway)
I just want to have these to play with don't see any smoke on the horizon yet but that could change at any moment. I do sense and urgency to get things done now that didn't exist 6 months ago, but I also sense fear,uncertainty, distrust of the federal government and an uneasiness in people in general in every thing. I sure hope things work out ok as I would like to enjoy my remaining time on earth and not have to go back to eat and run life style.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

I'm looking for a country where I can find Liberty... :(
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Well I need a few things
Dies for .308
Dies for .223
200 count .223 brass
another 100 or so .308 brass
another 100 .303 brass
8# of BLC2
a crapp ton of primers and bullets in the above listed cals
45-70 brass
bullet molds for 45-70
And some equipment to make my own black powder.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

dbw
When you find that country that has liberty and freedom don't tell anyone as it will go to stuff very soon.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

From the looks of my storage cabnet, I don't think I'll need anything for years! I do need to start doing more casting for a few calibers.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/