Another ammo increase as of 1 Jan

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kooz
Levergunner 2.0

Another ammo increase as of 1 Jan

Post by kooz »

Just got off the Natchez shooters supply page and here's a heads-up, if you need to restock on ammo, you might want to do it soon. As of 1 Jan all ammo, (and I assume also bullets, primers and brass) goes up another 5% - 25%.
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

Too late for me.
I can't believe the expense, 61.00 for 44-40, 32.00 for 35 Rem, and 48.00 for 32 Win Spl., at the closest 'box store'.

Luckily, I stocked up on primers back during the summer as they have nearly doubled off the shelf here.
Last edited by cutter on Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

yesterday Midway had 35 Rem for $21.00.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:( It aint gonna git no better. I just buy up what I can afford when I see it on sale. :(
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

I put in an large order for bullets this morning at Wideners. You guys may check there as they seem to be a little cheaper than Midway on many things. I also noticed that a box of shotgun shells at Walmart yesterday had gone from 3.97 to 5.48!!

TomF
Slick13
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick13 »

TomF wrote:I put in an large order for bullets this morning at Wideners. You guys may check there as they seem to be a little cheaper than Midway on many things. I also noticed that a box of shotgun shells at Walmart yesterday had gone from 3.97 to 5.48!!

TomF
Gander Mountain has got a jump on January and already increased their prices. $8.99 for box of Winchester 12 ga AAs. So, yesterday I drove twice as far to a components store and bought three flats at $6.25 a box (along with a bunch of shotgun reloading components). Saved over $80 and I've got my shells for my summer trap league. In all I saved $250 by shopping there rather than the Gander Mountain that was 30 miles closer to my house.

The components dealer said they expected the price of a flat of 12 ga. AAs to be about $10 more in a month. Still way cheaper than were Gander is already at.

~Michael
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I just made a small order to Midway for some bullets and things. The cheapest bullets I could afford were the Winchesters. The Remingtons were out of stock and the Speer, Sierra, and Hornadys were out of sight.

I wish I had the funds to really stock up on components. But I don't. So I'll do it a bit at a time, get all my empties loaded and then refill them as needed.

Boy it's great to live in IL. It sure has cut down on my shooting expenditures. :cry: :roll:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Big Bore 94
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Big Bore 94 »

38-55 per 1000 catridges. $33.00 !!! Oh, the price is from a 1914 Winchester catalog.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Midway still has Magtech Pistol on sale until the 31st...

I wish I could afford another Case.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
azoil
Levergunner 2.0

Post by azoil »

I had the kids with me over at Cabelas yesterday looking around - it was packed. Anyway, they still had the Federal 30-30 blue box ammo for $7.99/box. Wish I had extra cash and the line wasn't over an hour long. :cry:
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Graf's has free shipping. Takes a little of the sting out.