OT--Sixgun Gets A 6940 Black Gun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

OT--Sixgun Gets A 6940 Black Gun

Post by Sixgun »

I can't believe it. Although I've had M1 Carbines, Garands, Mini-14's, AK's, SKS's and other semi's, this is my first real black gun. Its Colt's newest version of their law enforcement carbine, the 6940.

Update****--****My son Sixgun jr. also has one, three are sold--5 left and will most likely be gone by tomorrow night. Tom has these on Guns America for $2600---Sounds expensive but I bet you can make a thousand on these in the next month---better than the stock market.--Give Targetmaster a call.

I've joined the bandwagon on these guns considering the current political climate. I suggest you boys do the same--beg, borrow, or steal if you must, but get yourself a good carbine. We are going to need 'em, as I don't see many people turning their's in if Obama decides to disarm us.

Think about this---The Feds say, "turn 'em in". ALL OF US SAY "NO"--COME AND ARREST US ALL---THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE TO DO. NO REGISTRATION--NO YEARLY PERMITS---NO SERIALIZED AMMO--NO NOTHIN'!!!!!!!!-------------------------Sixgun

Sorry guys, I can't respond until tomorrow--Gotta be up at 5.
Image,

Image,

Image,

Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT--Sixgun Gets A 6940 Black Gun

Post by Andrew »

Well that does look sweet. Are those boxes of more of the same?
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very cool! 8)
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

HOLY SMOKES, sixgun. How much did you borrow or steal?
Old Law Dawg
okdee
Levergunner 2.0

Post by okdee »

Ah Heck, Sixgun, I just put a Classic Winchester Lever-action Rifle on lay-away! My wife exploded :shock: when I told her. Not doing that again for awhile.

I wish I could, though, trade out, but I love all my guns! What's a guy to do???? I think my M1 carbines will have to due for a while longer.

Great luck on your new (never to-be-outlawed) plinker! :wink:

Looks pretty nice and machine-like. Keep your classics, you will return to them! :D
Oklahoma Dee
FAMILY
NRA LIFE
TSRA
SASS
HGCA
Life is Grand! Live it!

OKDEE
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Good on you! EVERY citizen should get one. Now. They certainly are trying to!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

Congrats on your new purchase! I've said it before, the Clintons and now Obama are responsible for the sale of more black rifles than anyone else on the entire planet.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun, your timing is impeccable. The Obamanation just requested Congress to reissue the AWB... :evil: You know that thing will sign it!!!
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

I just took the dive and ordered a new series mini-14. The AR platform just does not do anything for me. The Ruger is still wood and blued steel. If I could just afford a M-14, i'd be set.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Congrats!

You've got a goodun there for sure. I won't ask the price tag as I know they're real proud of em. :)

Looking forward to the range report.

And I hate to ask but are you well stocked on small rifle primers? ;)

Brass, powder, bullets?

Why am I asking? I already know the answer :lol:
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Cool rifle, but way too many cheese-grating surfaces for this old former M16A1-toting (and repairing) Marine.

Congrats!

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Guys,
The AR is really not my bag, but its something I have to do in a political way. I am one defiant *** when it comes to control by the government and control is what they are planning to do. We need to be organized on this as we are going to need all of it we can get and as much determination that we can rally to beat these rotten liberals. More on this in the political section.------------Sixgun

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Well since you don't need those OLD levers anymore, I'll be over to get'em. heheh :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think I created a monster. I talked him into 1 EBR and PUFF, he's alittle kid again. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

next M1A.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Sixgun jr wrote:Well since you don't need those OLD levers anymore, I'll be over to get'em. heheh :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I think I created a monster. I talked him into 1 EBR and PUFF, he's alittle kid again. NEXT--M1A :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dude, Thanks for the encouragement! :D Us "older" dudes tend to get relaxed too much and we all need a kick in the %$* to make us remember how rotten our gov. is.

A M1-A next you say?? Nope! Its a 1921 Thompson and a quad 50---gonna mount the 50 on the back of the Jeep-----------Yo Pappa

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Andrew wrote:Well that does look sweet. Are those boxes of more of the same?
45?
45?
If you could hear me, you'd hear the Tim Allen grunt. Real loud.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Sixgun, I thought your dealer was only getting a couple of those as it was a limited production model? It sure is sweet looking!! Are they generally available?
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

What!!!!!!!!!!??????? But you were an oldtimey gun guy! What happened???????? :D
I'm so confused now.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

AndyM wrote:I just took the dive and ordered a new series mini-14. The AR platform just does not do anything for me. The Ruger is still wood and blued steel. If I could just afford a M-14, i'd be set.
I can't imagine you'd be ashamed to own one, even if it lived in the safe forever collecting value. I don't own enough guns that I don't like. I feel the pain everytime I can't bring myself to trade one away. It ain't ever going to be cheaper or easier than it is right now, if you ever change your mind.
Noah Zark wrote:Cool rifle, but way too many cheese-grating surfaces for this old former M16A1-toting (and repairing) Marine.

Congrats!

Noah
I agree. Lighter is better, I don't want to be sticking things on it.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Ok, Sixgun

Your job isn't done yet. Now, get going and purchase a bunch of 30 round magazines. Those plastic P-mags are pretty hard to beat, if you can find them. Then go to Larue Tatical and get you a fold down Troy rear sight, and a quick detach scope mount, weapon light, etc. And Rock River makes pretty nice 2 stage match target trigger, which you will appreciate, for the money.

Now all you need is an M1A or a FAL for your serious battle rifle.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Well, now I see your picture, I guess you already have a folddown rear sight.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

alnitak wrote:Sixgun, I thought your dealer was only getting a couple of those as it was a limited production model? It sure is sweet looking!! Are they generally available?

The guns with the blue labels are Colt LE6920's which is the law enforcement carbine. The boxes that have no labels are the new 6940's. The factory has not even made the labels yet. These are the first of these guns (6940's) to leave the factory.

They are available but very scarce. There are probably no more than 100 in circulation right now. Tom has these at Targetmaster for 22 c-notes. He has them on Guns America for 26 and are selling. My guess is that they will all be gone by tomorrow night and replacements will be like hens teeth. My son and I got two, three are sold now.

Mohecken,
I'm only going to add a Surefire and military optics. No sense in sloshing it all up.

Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Sixgun,

Yep, I am doing about the same. I am adding a Surefire light to mine, but I am setting up one with a folding front and rear sight, and quick detach scope, so that the irons are still more or less quickly available, and I can also lay the front sight down, out of the way, so that my scope doesn't have that blury spot in the lower half of the scope's view.
NRA Life Member, Patron