Bearded Hen

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Bearded Hen

Post by Gobblerforge »

We have had the beard gene running around our ridge for a good ten years now that I know of. Kind of rare. Well this hen is on my target list. I watched her drag and step on it the other day, indicating that it won't get any longer. If I'm successful, she would make the perfect candidate for my last turkey mount. I want a roost mount. I have a strut and flyer now. By the way. This is my latest attempt to load a photo without photobucket. Hope I have it figured out this time.
Gobbler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Click Click Boom
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Bearded Hen

Post by Borregos »

Now for the mount pictures :?:
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

How's this. I already had these on photobucket.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

They are very nice, the bearded hen roosting will certainly complete the series :!: :D :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I've dated a few bearded hens in my day........ :wink:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

I have 5 birds that browse through my yard every day this winter. They all have beards. Do the toms hang out together in the winter?
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bruce »

Winter is the only time that gobblers really hang out together. In just a short time however, that group mentality will come to an end. Just like us people I guess. In the winter, we men hang out together, but come spring and summer, we chase the gals. :D
http://www.pumprifle.org/
Bruce Hamlin's Pump Rifle Forum
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

yes
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

You know the world is in a sad state when even the wild turkeys are going the transgender route.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Cool and interesting stuff. Beautiful mounts, too.

My son wants to turkey hunt next year, and I think finally there are enough around here to do it; they'd been pretty scarce for a couple decades.

There's probably more of them now, since Mr. O. was elected, and fixed that Global Warming thing... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "