OT-Christmas Eve music .......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT-Christmas Eve music .......

Post by J Miller »

Wifies home for the mid day. She works split shifts. We decided to play some music. Dug out the old 8 Track tapes. After being used to CDs them 8 Tracks sound funny.

But try to find ancient Bing Crosby Christmas Music on CD at Wal-Mart.

Next I'll dig out the vinal. I got some REALLY old stuff there.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I still have some vinyl to rip to MP3, but right now I have 52hrs+ of Christmas Music playing from my PC into my Bose...

52hrs and no repeats...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Sounds like you put in a lot of time and effort on that project.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
oregon73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oregon73 »

No Bing Crosby Christmas music at Wal-Mart??? What is the world coming to, Joe? No one did Christmas music better than Bing, in my humble opinion.

We've had the Christmas music on for a couple weeks now. My son (he's three) really enjoys it, and he's even coming around to a couple of my favorites--"The Little Drummer Boy" (Ray Charles singing) and Frank Sinatra's "Mistletoe and Holly".

I know it's a little late for this year, but I'd burn a CD and send it to you if you want, Joe. I don't have a huge Christmas music collection but you've gotta have a backup in case the 8-track conks out. Then again, it's lasted this long. Must've been built by Ruger. :wink:

Merry Christmas!
Rob
NRA
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Got myself in trouble Saturday. Had a two-hour drive to my sister-in-laws. Christmas music has been playing at home and in the car pretty much non-stop for a month now, and I needed a break. Decided to go with something very non-traditional. Put in the soundtrack to "Escape from New York". My son loved it - but my wife was not amused. Didn't get beyond the third track before she commandeered the radio and switched it to Christmas music again!
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

I have the old Bing Crosby White Christmas 78 - it is a four record set, kinda scratchy but still got the sound.
Kilroy6644
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Kilroy6644 »

This year was the first year I can remember that I didn't get absolutely disgusted with the Christmas music they played at the mall. In previous years they've always played that pop stuff, like N'Sync or Paul McCartney (I don't wanna hear it; McCartney's good, but his Xmas song sucks), and after about two days of that and idiot shoppers, I'm about ready to start throwing people through store windows. But this year they changed it, and it was much better.

For myself, I'm a big Trans-Siberian Orchestra fan. I like more traditional stuff too.
KILROY WAS HERE

"It's too bad that whole families have to be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs."
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Rob,

We don't get into Christmas as much as some. For instance the day after Thanksgiving the oldies station I like to listen to switched to Christmas music 24-7. I turned it off.
I don't mind a song now and again, but after a couple hours I get burned out real quick.

As for our own music we have it on 78's, 45's (Bing Crosby 4 record set with 4 songs each record) 33's, 8 tracks, cassettes, and CDs.
My wife is a fan of the Mannheim Steamroller music and has a bunch of their stuff.

So we pretty much got it covered. Thanks for the offer.

Personally too much of a good thing is too much. And Christmas music 24-7 is too much. I'll dig out some vinal and tapes today and play some more, but then it's back in the sleeves till next year.

Joe
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

J Miller wrote:...Personally too much of a good thing is too much. And Christmas music 24-7 is too much. I'll dig out some vinal and tapes today and play some more, but then it's back in the sleeves till next year.
That's why I have such a big selection.

Chant, Medieval, "Classical", Folk (1800s, not "hippie"), Bluegrass, Western, "Classic" (bing/cole etc), R&B, Rock & Roll (Elvis) The old "Christmas America" ensemble albums (1970s), Electronic, Classic Rock, Mannheim/TSO, Goth, Heavy Metal (yes - and some of it actually works) and Comedy (Spike Jones, Dr Demento, Bob Rivers).

I even have some interesting Chanukah CDs.

When thouroughly shuffled and played on Random. it rarely gets boring.

And you would be absolutely agog at how well/good "Oh Little Town of Bethlehem" works/sounds to the Doors "House of the Rising Sun".
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

All the good music is on-line somewhere... :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson