OT-armed robbery video, bad move

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

OT-armed robbery video, bad move

Post by Otto »

I was on the clerk's side until about the 35-second mark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtsQNwfdIuM&NR=1
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Fairshake
Levergunner

Re: OT-armed robbery video, bad move

Post by Fairshake »

If you look close the robber went for his dropped gun and had in his hand and could have very well shot the clerk. As a former law officer and firearms instructor I would tell all my students that a wounded man can kill you. The robber is out of our vision and could have been trying to point his gun at the clerk. When you are in a shooting, you have a split second to decide all your moves. The courts and juries have months to make the decision on if you were right. I'm under the belief that I woulkd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. There was a FBI shoot out that I have the film of where 3 agents were killked by a man with mortal wounds. The doctors did not know how he kept shooting.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

I think it's a fake. Probably some college film students work. I've never seen a surveillance video that sharp or in color. Also, the perp conveniently falls behind the clothes rack where we cant see what's going on. I vote fake.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I vote Fake too.

The clerk didn't aim the gun once... not even when he was supposedly standing over a still-moving "perp"

Note that he actually "fires" with the "gun" at the prone "robber" while holding it sideways & over his head.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Fake.
Where is the clothes (on the rack) reaction to the muzzle blast.
Too clear, too clean.
Fake.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

I think fake, there is alot of flash as if from blanks to my thinking. In saying that there is a reaction to the second hit and if it was staged it seems funny he ended out of shot of the camera, hmmmm I dunno :?

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Oh and if it is real I ain't got a problem with how it is ended. The perp brought it on him self period.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Actually, now that I have watched it more closely, I see there is considerable muzzle flash, EXCEPT for the shot that supposedly made the thief go down.

If, for the sake of argument, it's real, I would have handled it differently once the guy was down. I definitely would not move the body after the fact.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Nath +1
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Not aiming is not indicative of being fake or not. Don't know what is up with dragging the guy off-camera... The clerk does look disraught afterwards. Recoil looks real. Muzzle-flash appears realistic. I don't see a lot of damage to the attacker's upper body as he's dragged off. Interesting. Did you guys look at the other robbery clips that come up?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Yeah, I'm thinking it's fake now. Why was he standing so far away? Armed robbers seem to usually get right up in your face. Also, what made him turn his head, not suddenly, like he heard something, but sort of slowly, kind of like "I think I'll look over her now. Ooh, what a nice shirt!"

C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Otto wrote:Yeah, I'm thinking it's fake now. Why was he standing so far away? Armed robbers seem to usually get right up in your face. Also, what made him turn his head, not suddenly, like he heard something, but sort of slowly, kind of like "I think I'll look over her now. Ooh, what a nice shirt!"
Dope, paranoia, and/or nervousness will make you do all kinds of stupid stuff that doesn't make sense. I think it is real. The reaction of the clerk after he shoots the guy is not really something that someone would script. I don't see a muzzle flash with the first shot that struck the robber though, which is a little strange. I'm sure glad it was the robber and not the clerk that got shot, but the video just leaves me sad all around to see someone get killed.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

about the missing muzzle flash, it may have flashed in-between frames of video. Some of those security cameras have pretty slow frame rates and if the flash occured in between frames it wouldn't show up.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

El Chivo wrote:about the missing muzzle flash, it may have flashed in-between frames of video. Some of those security cameras have pretty slow frame rates and if the flash occured in between frames it wouldn't show up.
That could well be the cause indeed El Chivo. No matter who's right or wrong, it's been interesting to play detective and try and figure this out.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

Check the source of the video: ebaumsworld.com Their web site says "funny videos, funny pictures, flash games, jokes." Methinks that indicates this is a couple of guys making a video and not an actual robbery.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

If you haven't seen ebaumsworld, it's a prank website. Classic fakeroo "robbery". :lol:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

:oops: :oops: :oops: Anybody make a crowburger?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

If a fake they did a credible job. Not what I'd consider funny.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Fake---robbers a white guy :lol: ---------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

When the clerk walks toward the downed "perp" have a look at the space between the till and the white item of clothing. Looks to me like the guy is still holding his gun and then swings his gun toward the clerk when he realises that he is coming toward him.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

I would of thought we would see some reaction from the hanging clothes on the rail from the store keepers first few rounds, no?

Nath.

PS Yes, it is sad to see some one killed. To be honest it does leave you with mixed feelings.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

It's a fake. Look at where he dragged the guy after shooting him four times - no blood trail.
Last edited by JohndeFresno on Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Nath wrote:Oh and if it is real I ain't got a problem with how it is ended. The perp brought it on him self period.

Nath.
+1

As noted, once the shooting starts, you shoot until the threat is removed. Even if your opponent has been hit, if they are still conscious, and still retain a weapon, you keep shooting. Too many LEO's - and civilians - have paid the ultimate price by assuming that a dying man is no longer a danger to them or others.

Only question I would have is why he moved the body. After disarming the robber, his first action should have been to make sure no one else posed a danger, then call the police, while leaving everything untouched.