Kirk's Calendar

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Kirk's Calendar

Post by Hobie »

Ok, it isn't my calendar it is Kirk's calendar. It is a beautiful calendar. It has leverguns. It is a quiet and artistic way to support RKBA and do so with something useful. It is NOT good if you are trying to break away from the leverguns monkey. It was worth mentioning again, in part because Kirk hasn't been bragging much and in part because if you DON'T get a copy you'll regret it all year long!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Kirk's Calendar

Post by Tycer »

BTT
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

O.K., I am in. Kirk was very helpful to me with my 76 project. Even if he was not, I would still buy the calender. $18.95 Canadian right, or is the U.S.dollar weaker? Seriously, it looks great Kirk. Where do we send the funds? 1886.
Last edited by 1886 on Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Hobie, you are too kind. I don't know what to say.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I have one of mine earmarked as Christmas gift for a hunting partner. It is a fine work, indeed! :D
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

1886 wrote:O.K., I am in. Kirk was very helpful to me with my 76 project. Even if he was not I would still buy the calender. $18.95 Canadian right or is the U.S.dollar weaker? Seriously it looks great Kirk. Where do we send the funds? 1886.
1886, the link to get the calendar is http://www.cafepress.com/KirkD Those boys handle everything including taking the order, printing up the calendar, and shipping it out. The price is $US 18.95 plus shipping (which varies depending upon how many calendars one wants). For a few states, there is also sales tax. The publishing company's cut is $14.95 and I get $4.00 for each calendar sold.

I sure don't want anyone to feel any pressure to get my calendar. I did it for the fun of it. So far, 45 calendars have been sent out, according to the internet report. I figured I'd be lucky if 20 people wanted one. Looks like I'll be buying a couple bullet moulds! I've got my 44-40 mould picked out, now to figure out a 45-70 mould.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

You are a gentleman sir! Happy to do it. It will be hanging in the reloading room soon enough. Any centerfolds? Which model is Miss. December? No need to be reply, just my feeble attempt at humor. Regards, 1886.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Kirk,

Kudos are deserved. I can't wait for next years' calendar. I bought 3, one for myself, one for my SIL and one for a friend who is also a levergun aficionado (and has some great guns).
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Just ordered one, really looking forward to it!!
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
w30wcf
Senior Levergunner

Post by w30wcf »

Kirk,
NICE JOB! Great looking calendar! :mrgreen:

w30wcf
aka John Kort
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka w44wcf (black powder)
NRA Life member
.22 WCF, .30 WCF, .44 WCF Cartridge Historian
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I ordered some. Looking forward to it.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Got your calendar today, Kirk. Even though I saw the thumbnails, it looks even better than anticipated. I love it - it cheers me up each day as I work out of my home office.

I'm reminded of the movie, "Soylent Green," in which Charlton Heston plays a lone surviving cop in a city of the future where folks are starving. One of the great joys during the "funeral service" provided by the State is the viewing, on large screen format, scenes of a world when cows, fields, and other food products were abundant.

No matter what happens this next few years (even if one's firearms suddenly get "stolen" and/or otherwise "have to go away for a while"), I'll still be able to enjoy the guns on your calendar. Then, I'll save it as the piece of true art that it is and wait for next year's production!
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

It was a great experience putting it together. Just so you know that Kirk ain't doing this as a get-rich-quick scheme, I made a total of about $250 on the sales that I was going to use to buy some bullet moulds, but I just found out last week that I'm not permitted to have any 'active' outside income (i.e., making stuff to sell), so I donated the proceeds toward a young lady who is going on a missions trip to Guatemala this year. It is fun anyway, so I'm planning to do another Calendar for 2010, but this one will have a greater variety of old guns and sixguns in it.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Good for you, Kirk. Either way, it looks like my money was doubly well spent - and you'll get another jewel in your crown at a "later time."
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

I know where my 2010 calendar is coming from :D :D :D :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Dave B
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Dave B »

Just ordered mine, can't wait to see it in person. I've always enjoyed Kirk's work.
Thanks for the reminder!

Dave B
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I SINCERELY recommend that you place the calendar next to a full roll of paper towels. Perhaps putting the dispenser directly below the calendar. That way, you don't even have to tear off a sheet when the drooling starts - and fellas, it will start!!!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

It was my favorite Christmas present.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Kirk,

"not permitted to have any 'active' outside income"

What's up with THAT? :?:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

claybob86 wrote:Kirk,

"not permitted to have any 'active' outside income"

What's up with THAT? :?:
Just part of my job. It was in the policy manual, but I haven't read the manual in years. I was checking another policy when, whoops, I came across that one. :oops: One of these years, I should read the whole thing. No matter, I'll still make a 2010 calendar anyway, as I do it for the fun of it anyway.
Batman1939
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Batman1939 »

I bought four of Kirk's calendars and they are much enjoyed by my sons and brother. Just wish that Cafe Press hadn't "cropped" some of Kirk's well-framed original shots to fit their calendar format. Looking forward to next year's calendar; good job Kirk!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I can say that the calendar will be a great source of pleasure for many years to come in my home. Looking at old Winchesters is just plumb pleasurable for me.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Thanks mucho for the reminder. I had completely forgotten! Just placed my order. 1886.