C&R license question(s)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

C&R license question(s)

Post by mklwhite »

I've been thinking about breaking down and getting a C&R license. I would like to hear from those who have gone through the process and see about what they think. (is it worth it, would they do it again, are there any pitfalls...)
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Re: C&R license question(s)

Post by jnyork »

No pitfalls at all if you just follow the rules. Well, yes, there might be a pitfall: you spend too darn much money ordering guns!! :shock:
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DerekR »

I thought it was worth the effort. I get dealer pricing from Midway USA and Brownells that have saved me way more than license cost. It sure is nice to have a C&R eligible gun shipped right to your door!
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.
cjm135
Levergunner 1.0

Post by cjm135 »

Go for it. Here is a link on how to get one.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting200 ... /index.asp

Here is a link for dealers.

http://parallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsfo ... ic/id/1187
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

+1 on going for it. I think this may be one of the areas Obama's minions attack first, since the license is dirt cheap still... :(
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

When I ordered from Brownells last I told them to ship my order to my shop. even though it's not a gun related shop they gave me the professional pricing.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

jnyork wrote:No pitfalls at all if you just follow the rules. Well, yes, there might be a pitfall: you spend too darn much money ordering guns!! :shock:
+ 1 for this response. :D
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Grafs and Midway both accept C&R for dealer pricing. Even though Midway didn't originally...but if you do a dealer transfer ($25 each on avg.) more than two times over the life of the license you will have paid for the cost. And don't sneeze at the discounts that you will get from the reloading supply houses....for example I recently ordered a handgun sight, which would have cost me $59, but with dealer pricing it was $41.

Ed
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

I went through the motions and got one, mainly for the dealer discounts (which don't amount to much at all). But I've found that some guns I'm interested in are C&R eligable, for example Winchester commemoratives, Ruger flat tops, and many more.

I haven't used the license for anything other than the discounts yet, but I will if the situation arises.

I doubt I will renew it.