Winchester Model 1890 Shipping Crate

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Winchester Model 1890 Shipping Crate

Post by ndcowboy »

Hello guys,
I have a question that I'm hoping somebody will know the answer to. I have a Winchester Model 1890 Shipping Crate that I somehow ended up with this summer. It is far from perfect and I'm pretty sure it originally didn't come painted blue. One end of the crate is stamped "10 Winchester Sporting Rifles Model 1890". Below is a couple pictures of it. Anyway, my question is does it have any value, or should I just throw it in my shop and fill it with junk.
Thanks in advance.

Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Winchester Model 1890 Shipping Crate

Post by Gun Smith »

It was probably natural wood finished. There is a market somewhere for just about all Winchester stuff. No guess as to it's value though.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

No, no, no.......Don't fill it with junk. I have NEVER seen a crate for multiple guns in over 35 years of playing with the old Winchesters. Thats a very nice collectable box.

Its mighty hard to put a price tag on that. If that were mine, I would painstakingly get rid of the blue paint. My guess is that the original color of it was natural with black lettering. Oh man, would that look nice in my gunroom. :D $150 + shipping???------------------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

If the box was still oringinal, with the natural and red or black lettering it would be worth a couple of hundred. Since it is no longer original enjoy it as a Winchester curiosity. I believe this is how Model 1890's were shipped to shooting galleries.

It's a pretty neat find.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ndcowboy »

Sixgun,
If you are really interested, drop me a note at my email: neumiller3@yahoo.com
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

ndcowboy----e-mail sent----------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..