Let's have some fun with names

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: Let's have some fun with names

Post by AmBraCol »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Can't believe I missed this one the first time around! The "Ysabel Kid" (pronounced "sa-bel", rhyming with "cable" - without the "y") was one of the primary characters in the "Floating Outfit" western series by English author JT Edson. The character, half Irish, quarter Comanche, and quarter French-Creole was the scout for the floating outfit. A friend of mine got me started on the series when we were in high school because the character reminded him of me (my ancestry, how I dressed, my favorite armaments and my general outlook on life).
So, do you carry your sixgun in a butt forward holster? And do you keep that "yellow boy" henry at hand?
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
44LVR
Member Emeritus

Post by 44LVR »

AndyM wrote:my wife thinks I joined the dark side when I turned 18 and could start buying guns on my own.
May the Force be with you :lol: :lol:

“I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” Ronald Reagan
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

Mine is simply a tribute to the finest, everything I do has 86 in it somewhere, if more is needed it's 94 need I say more.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AmBraCol wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:Can't believe I missed this one the first time around! The "Ysabel Kid" (pronounced "sa-bel", rhyming with "cable" - without the "y") was one of the primary characters in the "Floating Outfit" western series by English author JT Edson. The character, half Irish, quarter Comanche, and quarter French-Creole was the scout for the floating outfit. A friend of mine got me started on the series when we were in high school because the character reminded him of me (my ancestry, how I dressed, my favorite armaments and my general outlook on life).
So, do you carry your sixgun in a butt forward holster? And do you keep that "yellow boy" henry at hand?
:D :D :D

I have carried my sixgun that way, using a "cavalry twist" draw! Balanced with a big bowie knife on the left side, of course! :wink:
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Ysabel Kid wrote:So, do you carry your sixgun in a butt forward holster? And do you keep that "yellow boy" henry at hand?
:D :D :D

I have carried my sixgun that way, using a "cavalry twist" draw! Balanced with a big bowie knife on the left side, of course! :wink:[/quote]

Yeah, I stumbled on JT Edson's stuff in the municipal library way back when. ('79 I believe it was) and read a lot of it. Then I found out where he was from - and that he'd never stepped foot in the American west. THAT explained why his books read more like a Hollywood production than a L'Amour novel. :) I've not read any of his stuff in YEARS. Haven't come across any in my travels. I HAVE started picking up some of Coldsmith's work here and there. Haven't managed to get any of his Spanish Bit series yet though.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

The name came from the fact that when I first started here I was working on a bison ranch. There weren't any cows so I could hardly be a cowboy, hence "buffboy".

The other forums I have joined are in that name or "plumcrazey" (ebay/gunbroker/auctionarms/the highroad are some) for the color of the 1971 roadrunner I've had since 1976.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Pardon the mistake. danny
Last edited by BigSky56 on Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

When I was a very young boy I was amazed with Dinosaurs, but could not pronounce the word, so I called them "Bigahh's" , and the name has stuck ever since.
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

Name came from the winchester model 55 that got me back into leverguns and the 30-30.One day I'll learn/take the time to post pictures.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

shooter, cuz I like to shoot. I don't do it as much as I should, though.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Ever since high school, friends and others have nick named me after some kind of bear. Partly because I'm a LARGE guy, some because of temperment, teddy bear, grizzly bear etc. One time I went to an outdoor sports show that had a wrestling bear and they offered a $1000.00 cash prize to anyone who could take the bear down...they would not let me try....since then Bear or Bear-man has stuck. I chose Mokwaw as my log on and e-mail to honor the Miami Indians who used to live in this area of Indiana...... mokwaw is Miami for bear................
UNITE
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Not real sure how I picked my name....maybe cause I used to live in Mo...or Wy. :shock:

Naaaa....I kinda piggy backed it off of an old T/F racer named "Kansas John Wiebe" that lives North of here...and that's probably the only time his name will be mentioned on a gun forum....

Ed
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Bunk Loco Empire as in Bunk Loco Empire, Inc. the business I own, easy for me to remember.

Bunk -junk/and or (my musician buddies and I used to call our rehearsal space 'the bunker') Loco -as in Loco Moco, one of my favorite dishes. Empire -I've always wanted my own empire.

The strange name keeps us smiling when we see it on tax forms.

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
greasy dan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by greasy dan »

I have been a mechanic most of my life, but GreaseMonkey just didn't fit here. I really like the music of Steely Dan, but didn't want to "steal" their name. When I joined SASS several years ago, I had to give it some Serious thought... thus, Greasy Dan.
John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda and Winchesters. I'm a kid again.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

I was previously Tango4C, my callsign back in '60-70. When we came here I decided to be..... well, me - :|
Rustolium
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Rustolium »

Mine is kinda a pun, my name is Russell, go by Rusty, a buddy in the AF with me started calling me Rustolium. It was all down hill from there, if he ever introduced me to someone, it was as Rustolium.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

I love to turkey hunt, and I am a Blacksmith. The name of my shop is Gobbler Forge.
Gobbler [Brad Weber]
Click Click Boom
S.B.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by S.B. »

Mine are my initials, just a simple man, in more ways than one? Christan name and the spelling comes from one of my mothers uncle from Center, Texas and sir name from my father's family, of course.
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA, ISRA, AF&AM Pontiac #294
LIUNA #996 for the last 32 years, retired after 34 years.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

My last name is DeBeaugrine (dee-BOE-grin). At The Citadel it got shortened to "Bogie". And I have grown fond of 35 cal. cartridges.

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Badge number when I was a Detroit cop.

Sometimes internet folks ask/ assume it was a military classification -- something in USMC communications.
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

Cuz I was.
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

BTT 'cuz we gots some new fellers.
Go to the first post and let us know the "why" of your handle.

P
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

I was new to the world of online forums, and almost instantly tired of folks who think "NY" is ONLY NYC, so I wanted to give tribute to the Adirondack region (the real ny). "Adirondack Jack" had a nice ring to it, and in various incarnations, including the misspelled adirondakjack (which ended up my email addy as well) AJ has taken on a life of his own. Adirondack Jack became my SASS alias when I started cowboy shooting, and Adirondack Jack's Trading Post became my business name. More people know me as "Jack" or "AJ" than by my given name (even the mailman calls me "Jack" It's become a "true" alias at this point ;)
Certified gun nut
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:D This is fun! My handle ( CEMENTHEAD ) comes from being....shall we say EXTREMELY HARDHEADED. My wife gave it to me when we were in Jr High school. Man that was a while ago! :lol: Thanks, Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

CEMENTHEAD wrote::D This is fun! My handle ( CEMENTHEAD ) comes from being....shall we say EXTREMELY HARDHEADED. My wife gave it to me when we were in Jr High school. Man that was a while ago! :lol: Thanks, Tom
You got married young!

P
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:lol: Hey Pharmseller, It should probably read "when we were dating in Jr High school". It wasn't too long after we graduated High school we tied the knot. Yeah we were young and still are. Thanks, Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

Like others, I'm not too imaginative. Just used my first name. My dad and mom spent about 8 years in Australia then moved back to the US. When I came along in 1963 they named me Geoff and spelled it that way cuz they liked the Australian spelling. Been called about everything from Geeeeoooooffff to Gophry to George to Goooffry. Built character along the way!!!

Geoff
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

And how do YOU pronounce it?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Premo
Levergunner

Post by Premo »

Goeff-pronounced the same as Jeff
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

Well, I've posted about mine several times before, but here goes again, seeing as how I held off when the thread was new.

On the first forum I got interested in there was a poster by the handle of Jeff OTMG (Owns Too Many Guns), given to him by a friend who was amazed at what he had.

I decided that wasn't possible and became Rod (guess why :mrgreen: ) followed by Wants More Guns, or WMG. It's been interpreted several ways, including Water coooled Machine Guns.
A man's heart devises [or schemes] his way, but the LORD directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Gee, I would have sworn my reply was in there somewhere, but I guess not...

Mine is... "Oh, that Officer? What's 'No7' you ask? What, whiskey? No, sorry! That's just an old locomotive that my dad used to work on... Yeah, that's what it is... Me, drinking? Tonight??? Nope, not yet, I have to get home and off the road first!"

Uh... Yeah... I guess my avatar gives it away doesn't it... Luckily that's not on my SUV -- but OLD NO7 is on its license plate!!! :D

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

Mine is pretty simple too. . . .Meeteetse is a Shoshone Indian word for "meeting place" and is one of my favorite hunting and fishing locations in my home state of Wyoming. Located in the western part of the Big Horn Basin it is beautiful country and I miss it. Not much in my new home state of Texas to remind me.
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.
Guncase
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Guncase »

My name is Casey and my wife thinks I'm a mental case when it comes to guns. I thought Guncase might do.
" I never went to college, but I sure paid for my education."
A favorite quote from my Grandfather.
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

I am bogus bill so I aint expected to be right.
been2c
Levergunner

Post by been2c »

Because I have for what seem like forever.
Life Member: NRA, LEAA & TSRA
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

MklWhite is my name. Michael (spelled kind of phonetically) White. I started using it spelled like that when I was programming back in the day. All programs used 8.3 naming conventions (like "windows.exe". The first part could have no more than 8 characters and the "3" said what type of program it was like EXE for executable, DLL for dynamic link library and eventually HTM for hyper text markup.). By using mklwhite.exe everyone knew whose program it was and who to complain to since it was eating up too many resources. :wink:
Hairy Clipper
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hairy Clipper »

I should probably change mine since I sold the barber shop and retired.

Hairy
This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickok!-Mathew Quigley
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

mine is easy.I hang my hat here in tx and first name is pete :lol: .
pete
DAV life member.
papabear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by papabear »

My two daughters and there friends stared calling me papabear when we bought the new house about ten years ago so it stuck here and on other sites too
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
====================================================================
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed
For Those Who Don't None Will Do
====================================================================
Member Of The N.R.A.-North American Hunting club-Syosset Gun Club
stormspotter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by stormspotter »

I am what the handle says, a stormspotter in Pettis county Missouri (and member of our local Emergency Management Agency). I have been chasing and running from storms for 17 years.
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words give you a feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat . . . . Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words.
greasy dan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by greasy dan »

hey Txpete...
Neat pic. That you..??
John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda and Winchesters. I'm a kid again.
canonsix
Levergunner 2.0

Post by canonsix »

Mine is my radio call sign from a long time ago in sunny SE Asia. Doug
a armed man is his own master
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

Cuz I was. In the heyday of westerns in the 50's and 60's. The bullet holes in holsters (and knees) from fast draw. The beginning of the clone era. Bill Ruger with his funny tin luger like 22. A movie maker marketing his film by locating surviving One of One Thousand Winchesters, about 135 as I remember, could be wrong on that. The Nylon 66 by Remington, one of the ancestors of plastic guns. Mauser 98's, Springfield 03's and 1917 Enfields cut up for sporters by the tens of thousands. The Remington Model 721, one of the best ever. Roy Weatherby with his SUPER GIGANTIC MAXIMUM MAGNUMS.