Hogue Revolver Grips (Help)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

Hogue Revolver Grips (Help)

Post by Tennessee Hayre »

I just received my new Hogue grips (Rubber) for the S&W 629-4 .44 mag, and everything fit fine except for the backstrap near the bottom has a small opening. Does anyone know what a feller could do to take up the space. It looks like rain could get into the grip and do damage to the springs and such. (Any idea's)
The Ultimate Authority resides in the people and that if the Federal Goverment got too powerful and over stepped it's authority then the people would develope plans of resistance and resort to arms" _____________________________________James Madison_______

Retired Military
Life Member NRA
Defender Second Amendment
Constitution Party Member
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hogue Revolver Grips (Help)

Post by Pete44ru »

I've noticed many rubber bumpers with that problem.

I wasn't concerned, because I regularly dismount my pistols for maintainence - but if you are, I would think a small piece of inner tube inserted at that spot prior to installing the grip should seal the void.

RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

If you can't close it up, you might think about a Pachmayr rubber set, instead.

Scott
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

I sure would hate to waste the $$$ i spent on these. The grips look really nice and feel great. I wounder if maybe filling the gap with some liquid rubber. It should come off pretty easy if I ever need to take off the grips.
The Ultimate Authority resides in the people and that if the Federal Goverment got too powerful and over stepped it's authority then the people would develope plans of resistance and resort to arms" _____________________________________James Madison_______

Retired Military
Life Member NRA
milton
Levergunner 2.0

Post by milton »

I would not do anything to your grips! If you have no problem with holding them they are fine.The hole will possibly help the grips and frame "breath" and not hold water .I just removed a set of rubber grips from the grip frame of a stainless Smith and due to sweat,condensation and rain the frame though stainless had spots of black oxide(stainless rust)
This particular revolver was used in competition and the grips were never removed until I bought it.
I would just use a good rust preventative on the metal and remove the grips when you clean the gun.
"Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous thing. For a little knowledge entices us to walk its path, a bit more provides the foundation on which we take our stand, and a sufficient amount can erect a wall of knowledge around us, trapping us in our own ignorance."
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

I think a call to Hogue is definitely in order. Let them try to make it right on their dime.

Scott
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

I have figured out that I ordered the wrong grips. I ordered for square and not round ends. I needed round. The combat grips that were on the revolver were square but when I took them off the metal hand frame was round. Thats what I get for being lazy. But the grips will be fine. I can live with it. I dont want folks to think that (Grips 4 Guns) sells bad stuff. He has great products. It was just my fault.

Retired Military
Life Member NRA
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

mine fits tight on my 629 classic....
but the Pachmayrs on my 686 has the small gap...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

Thanks Rihmfire, The gap on mine is real small as well, but I noticed even with the small gap the rubber has a tight seal way inside againt the metal so Now that I look at it I don't think water will be able to get in and that was what I was worried about.

Retired Military
Life Member NRA