OT - Crazy Weather in Vegas

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

OT - Crazy Weather in Vegas

Post by salvo »

I took these pictures heading home from work at 3:00 in the afternoon! I have never seen it snow and stick in the middle of the day here, sometimes it will stick at night and melt in the morning. Its still coming down hard and my wife called from her work and they have been excused early to get home.

I know this is nothing for most of you, but when you have lived in the desert your whole life it is pretty weird!

I-15 South

The desert by my house

My 54 Chevy

Driveway

The labs having fun in the snow
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
spencer516
Levergunner 1.0

Re: OT - Crazy Weather in Vegas

Post by spencer516 »

I've spent a lot of days in Vegas. I never saw it snow there. Lots of snow between Vegas and Parhump, though. Kind of cool.
Thanks,
Tom
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Slightly less frequemtly than El Paso or Phoenix, but sure to be a LOT more common with the global warming weve caused with our internal combustion engines, etc! Glad I visited LAST week. I hate to imagine how that's affecting traffic on top of all the road construction! :o :o
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

When I was in the Navy, it snowed like that once in San Francisco and once in Norfolk, VA. There were accidents all over both cities. How do the drivers in Las Vegas handle it?
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

They don't handle it at all well, news man said it is going to snow till 6:00 am. Probably have a snow day in Vegas :D
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

First snowfall even in places where snow is common is always a headache for LEO's, as even experienced drivers seem to forget to give themselves a little bit of extra distance in stopping. Down here in SC, where snow is almost as rare as in LV (not quite), any snowfall creates a zoo on the roads. People running into one another willy-nilly or running into the ditch - or both! Always best, even if you know how to drive in such conditions, to stay off the roads and avoid those who can't!!!
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

All schools have been closed for the first snow day I can remember in Vegas!
I feel for you guys that have to dig out, clean the windows off and all that. I was an hour late getting to work.
Man I love the desert :lol:
ScottS

-- Ronald Reagan
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Ysabel Kid wrote:First snowfall even in places where snow is common is always a headache for LEO's, as even experienced drivers seem to forget to give themselves a little bit of extra distance in stopping. Down here in SC, where snow is almost as rare as in LV (not quite), any snowfall creates a zoo on the roads. People running into one another willy-nilly or running into the ditch - or both! Always best, even if you know how to drive in such conditions, to stay off the roads and avoid those who can't!!!
Sounds like what we see over here in the UK, a bit of snow and every where grinds to a halt.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

1954 Chevy pickup ..... Way Cool !!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Carl
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

It's been snowing several days in Western Washington with below freezing temps.....all very unusual. Global Warming my furry little butt...... It's fun to watch Thor try to pinch a loaf without the snow touching his tallywacker and behind :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Peter M. Eick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Peter M. Eick »

Isn't global warming great!

:roll:
38-55 & 38/44 What a combination!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

My parents live in North Vegas, finally confessed that they got snow.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
timkelley
Levergunner 1.0

Post by timkelley »

Where I live in Idaho we get about three inches of snow during a normal winter. We get it usually one inch at a time, having said the above, I now have three years worth of snow in the yard. It's that darned Global Cooling, I'm just sure. :lol:
Thanx, Tim Kelley
NRA Life
SFC US Army Ret.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Woow! -- you can loose you butt in La$ Vega$, & freeze it off as well....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Ray Newman wrote:Woow! -- you can loose you butt in La$ Vega$, & freeze it off as well....
:lol: we have it all now.
ScottS

-- Ronald Reagan