OT bought me a new pump action

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

OT bought me a new pump action

Post by MikeS. »

I've been wanting a pump action .22 for awhile now but prices were never right. Last night I found a Remington 572 on gunbroker for 175. So I bought it after doing some research on that model. I should have it in about a week. It looks a bit rough but I'm hoping it is a good shooter.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT bought me a new pump action

Post by claybob86 »

Looking forward to photos and inspection report! 8)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

I received one of these for Christmas from my parents when I was about 8 years old. My father is a die-hard pump guy... 870 shotguns, 760 rifles - so he bought me the 572... I have tried for 26 years to wear it out but it is still going strong... to think how many 22's went down that barrel is scary... I took multiple heads of squirrels, a few groundhogs, crows, and all other things vermin with the gun.

Until I purchased my Winchester 9422 - this Remington was my go to 22LR. It is now set up with a Simmons 2-7x scope and sighted to shoot low noise 22's for chimpmunk culling missons in my backyard.

I'll be willing to bet your like your new gun, you can shoot 'almost' as fast as a semi...
Send in a report and pictures when you receive your new shooter...
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I bought a used one, for my son, about 2 years ago. It is 100% reliable with anything you feed it. You'll get tired before you run out of a tube full of shorts. :D The 572 was designed as a hunter/plinker and not a target rifle, so don't get frustrated if it won't shoot 50yd groups smaller than 2". They're also a piece of cake to clean. Just pop out the two pins, in the receiver, and the action drops out.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Picked up a used 572 about 30 yrs ago. It is still going strong and it loves Rem. high velocity shorts.
UNITE
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

I had one and it was very good after I fixed the loose barrel!
Where it fits into the alloy reciever it was loose and floaty and hence a poor shooter. I noticed a small threaded hole in the top of the reciever and so wound a small grub screw down onto the barrel. Hey presto.
It fixed the barrel solid and it then shot real good, IIRC alot less than 2" @ 50yds

If I had another and the barrel was loose and no threaded hole present I would not hesitate in drilling and tapping one to achieve the same end so that tells ya somert :wink:

I'm glad for you cos I would rather have one of them instead of any Rem auto 22 :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

claybob86 wrote:Looking forward to photos and inspection report! 8)
Ditto!

Congratulations. That will make for a fun Christmas!!! :D
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

Got an e-mail from the seller today saying it will ship tomorrow. I should have it by Friday.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Kapincrunch
Levergunner

Post by Kapincrunch »

I have a buddy who got a rem 7600 in 30/06. You dont expect them to be the greatest shooters but his does less than MOA with one load. Fast 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th shot. you ought to enjoy it