WOLF primers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

WOLF primers

Post by 3leggedturtle »

has anyone used these? Have noticed ther are $20-21 per thousand at Miday
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Hobie

Re: WOLF primers

Post by Hobie »

3leggedturtle wrote:has anyone used these? Have noticed ther are $20-21 per thousand at Miday
I have heard they are satisfactory.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I've also read they are satisfactory. But I've not seen any for sale in IL to buy. When I do see some, I'll try 'em and report in.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

They are cheaper at Widener's and Powder Valley. If you buy 5000 or more they are $18 per 1000. Widener's was out until last week, but they have a good supply now. You can also order powder and primers under one HazMat fee at these places. Midway doesn't stock primers and powder so they drop ship from the distributor. This is the reason they charge a separate hazmat fee for powders and primers.

I bought a bunch but haven't tried them yet. I loaded several different powders with the Wolf primers in .44 Mag and will try them out tomorrow if it doesn't rain. I'll report back. From what I have read on some of the reloading forums they seem to work OK. I'm sure they are not benchrest quality, but should be fine for plinking and the kind of hunting we do around these parts.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson